Fix the USOC

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by jmeissen0, Oct 16, 2003.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    Feedback form for the US Soccer Federation

write in and tell them to do something with the final... make it meaningful... especially when a team like chicago goes out of their way to make it a special event and then gets hosed so ussf can rent out giants stadium for 5000 people

for those without a clue, the fire arranged for a special night... they set up a mexico-uruguay friendly to be a doubleheader for the usoc final

ussf dropped the ball

they are making a mockery of the us open cup

think of it like this... there would have been more people at soldier field last night for the open cup title game than were at wrigley for the cubs 7th game of the national league championship series

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I just want to know what there was NO promotion whatsoever for this event by the USSF in the NYC area!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Iancam03

Iancam03 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 8, 2003
    So CAL
    No way pal. 100 years of solid tradition against 5 years of mediocre soccer played on an American football field, no way. US Open is just an exhibition, it is not an event that anybody will ever get seriously excited about. Right now most fans who like soccer and are aware of MLS only care about the MLS Cup Final. I've played in front of more fans at an AYSO game when I was 12.