First Win

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by Ed NYC Firm, May 13, 2011.

1. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    FCNY beat Charleston 1-0 for their first ever win.

35th Min goal from Brito

2. Usmaman

Usmaman Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The goal from Brito was great stuff too. A great long ball from Roche let Brito run, and he shoved two defenders off the ball and scored. Some scary moments after that. At one point around the 75th you thought Charleston would even it up at any minute, but they held on well, Diaz made saves but only one was with enough pace to be worrying, and even that one was right at him.

Like this one, Saturday's game at Wilmington is gonna be on www.usllive.com.

This is kind of a d!ck move, but I wrote a review of the match (that's probably better than what FCNY will put out) for my blog.
    http://bit.ly/lYsXlR

3. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sam Stockley makes the difference at the back. The 2 matches he didn't play they lost.

4. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so freakin pumped about this! Can't wait to get home to watch tonight's game.

5. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About time one of their 987,214,984,321,164 long ball attempts hit their target. The manager seems to think his back line has the ability of the Red Bulls' back line when it comes to distribution.

6. 644Squadron

644Squadron New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone help me. Is FC New York any good? Losing to Wilmington?!?!? (or is Wilmington better than we thought.....) Thx.

7. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think they are a team learning to play together. I'm not sure how good they could be but they have improved alot since the first time I saw them against Orlando. I'd give them a bit of a break on the Wilmington loss as it was the 2nd match in 24 hrs.

8. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Wilmington kicks ass. And their FO makes FCNY's look like a bunch cub scout volunteers.

9. Mikeyratt

Mikeyratt Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Richmond, Va
    And FCNY just lost their coach.. wonder whats up with that? was he not getting paid or something? 1-3-2 isn't a terrible record, not GREAT certainly but not the worst, especially for an expansion team who look completely over their heads on the administrative side of things

10. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Normally you'd hear bitching from players if people weren't getting paid so I can't say what's up there.

11. Usmaman

Usmaman Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Wouldn't be surprised if he was dissatisfied with the way the club was run. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of "we didn't see eye to eye on things."