First thread

Discussion in '"US Supporters" Supporters Club' started by geordienation, Jun 22, 2004.

1. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    First post?

When did this forum pop up?

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    First Page!

Sachin

3. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    What forum? ;)

First thread. First page. Third post.

4. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh what the heck. how do we get us citizens to stop cheering for their nationalities country instead of the US? i'm irish and italian but would never cheer for those teams over the US. itlaian americans identify themselves with Italy as opposed to the US. perhaps i'm a little melodramatic but i see that as being a traider to the country where we were born

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Getting in on this forum from the ground floor, i guess

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    about time we got a forum devoted to this

7. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it a question of developing a history of winning in order to change the thinking of many groups??

8. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    About time.

9. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's interesting that people that i have talked to who were born in the us and of italian/irish decent that they would cheer for the US in almost every other sport except soccer so i guess history and winning would have a bit to do with it. don't they realize how much better we are in soccer now especially with a professional league only 10 years old.

10. J-Justice

J-Justice Member

May 2, 2004
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Club:
    VfL Osnabrück
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if they move here or are born here it's two different stories, but for those who support another country and were born in the US - I just don't understand that. I can see you supporting them on the side (I have always been partial when it comes to the Germans,) however the USMNT comes first in my book.

11. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absolutely, i would support my nationalities when they play anybody but the US. they can't forget they are american first and then whatever nationality second

12. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at a Concert Festival two weekends ago and I saw so many people wearing other countries national team jersies. (Mostly Brazil) Now maybe they were Brazillians, but I doubt it. Every time I saw one I would shout, "Hey Ass, Where is your USA shirt?"

Ha, Bonnaroo.... what a bunch of hippies.

13. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Now, that we have a "US Forum", how long until we have a "THEM Forum"? :D

14. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what exactly is the point of this forum?

15. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know... I co-mod this forum, and it's news to me.

Anyway, I think it'll be a good addition. Just like any new forum can be.

16. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This forum was generated at my request with Huss's approval. It's purpose is to be the official forum of the "US Supporters" Supporters Group, formerly "USA Supporters" (name changed because we couldn't afford to get our original domain name back).

I asked for it because apparently I'm the person in charge of implementing stuff :D

Sorry for the delay here, I'm kind of in Seattle for my brother's wedding so...my internet access at the moment is $11 dollars a day for WebTV :(

Who are the official mods in here now anyways...I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Hopefully this forum will allow us to mercy kill the yahoo group once and for all. I keep thyinkig it's dead ad it keeps coming back.

17. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Jeremy, glad to see you are still involved. Hope you are well. For what it is worth, I hope the listserve does not die out. You can have a forum here and a listserve. The more the merrier.

18. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

WHAT THE **** DO LISTSERVS HAVE TO DO WITH TITLE IX!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kidding. Kidding.

I'm a kidder.

I kid.

19. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I saw a kid the other day wearing Mexican NT shorts. I asked him why and he said they are cool. He then proceeded to tell me that he also had an El Tri jersey. Born & bred in the US with no Mexican heritage whatsoever. I was dumbfounded.

20. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough already with this you born here so why don't you follow X team.

Look at Argentina, they have immigrants from a bunch of different countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, various Jewish enclaves in various Euro countries, Polish, whatever). BUT THEY WIN GAMES.

That's how you do it.

Not many people sport the US jersey, cuz they think we're not good enough. Not many people gave hockey a look until after 1980, myself included.

Christ Almighty.

21. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so by winning games do you mean dominating mexico with our last 10 results and yet i still don't see the support switch to the american team. we still play away games in the southwest and yet we are beating mexico.

22. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SO F***ING WHAT?

Win the bigger games...You know the ones outside the region, maybe Copa America (if we ever accept the invite), the grandaddy of them all, the World Cup. Then again, people have an unfortunate tendency to link soccer with politics, so it's entirely possible that there will be those who will never support the USA because of policies.

Then again, with every victory against big/bigger/biggest teams, we'll have a following.

Judgin pre-World Cup to post World Cup, it's happening. Not at the pace YOU want, but it's happening...

To quote Warren Oates character from Stripes, Sgt. Hulka:

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS...

23. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yankees or red sox fan. i assume your yankees if you are are a metro stars fan. why? because you live there(OK they win a little too) but you live there

24. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My cousin grew up in Suffolk County, but was a Dolphins fan.

My supervisor grew up on Long Island, Nassau Cty, but he's a Skins fan.

My uncle when he emigrated to the States loved the Pistons, but he situated his family in San Francisco, so what?

Plenty of USA fans I've met over the years, but some of them sweat some Euro club team above ALL others. It happens (but it's these types of US fans that I hate).

See that big ol' mountain in yonder distance?

GET OVER IT, SPARKY.

25. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just doesn't happen as much in other countries.