First the Rams, now the Quakes...Here's some advise

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TG, Dec 16, 2005.

1. TG

TG New Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Aptos, CA
    Having been a Los Angeles Ram's fan for as long as I can remember, I was naturally extremely upset when the Ram's organization first announced their pending move to St. Louis. After giving it much thought, I came to the realization that when I left LA for Northern California, my family still loved me, so why would I stop loving the Rams? The fact is I couldn't; they are a part of me and they always will be.

Fast forward two decades and it's happening to me again. But only this time it's soccer. Yeah, it sucks. It's absolutely horrible. But the fact is, I love this team and there is no way on earth I'd ever abandon them. Through thick and thin, that's what true love is all about. But wait a second, now I hear the name stays and the team goes? This changes everything; this I wasn't expecting. Now what? I was all ready to go on supporting the Quakes in their new home. I figured I had experience in these situations. Unfortunatley, I was wrong. So much for me giving advise. In any event, I suppose I can support the San Jose players in Houston and hope they come back when and if a team does. And if the players don't come back and a new team comes into SJ and gets the Quakes name? Well, I'd root for the new San Jose Earthquakes.

Any way you look at it, next year will suck.