First Stadium Renderings Available

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by murtaugh29, Oct 19, 2004.

1. GuinnessFC

GuinnessFC New Member

Jun 1, 2000
    NWI
    that would be "Guinness" ! Brilliant! thank you

cheers

2. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Glad you still think my idea is a good one. :)
    I really sincerely agree though. Definitely something needs to be carved there. Again hoping that the stadium sponsor doesnt insist on putting their name up there as well. How horrible and tacky would that look.

Summer's Eve Personal Douche Park

3. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    This is absolutely unfriggin' believably fantastic. It looks awesome. I can't even believe how far soccer has come in this country in the last 10 years. It is truly astounding to think there will be a SSS in Chicago. You folks have no idea how lucky you are.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Not true. The damn stadium sits on the edge of the main north-south freeway through town, you know this Liam, you have been there before. There are numerous places to put signage on the outside of the stadium that face the freeway, though approval for the signage is required and it's a real bitch to get through zoning...they're afraid a car will crash coming around the bend in the road when viewing it.

The real reason that there is no naming right sdeal yet is the 3rd you gave, they have been offered money for a stadium naming rights deal and they have turned a few down in hopes of getting a better deal. From what I had heard the few offers they got were pretty limited financial deals that in the end weren't worth the trouble...

5. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I know they have the technical ability and proximity to get signage but that wasn't the question. It's simply the fact they don't have it - that was my point. the zoning problem you cite goes to prove my point - lack of a sign (and lack of possibility of a sign) hurts naming rights deals.

I wasn't suggesting CCS doesn't sit on an expressway.