Post-match: First point!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by el americano, Aug 31, 2021.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After losing our opening matches and crashing out of the League Cup, we've finally gotten round to earning a point. Damn close to winning all three, but Lascelles did indeed commit the foul in the area. Not too mad at him, because the situation did call for a well timed tackle, and almost pulled it off. On the other hand, it's not his first in this short season. Maybe the defense should prevent that situation from developing. My biggest problem with playing 5 at the back is Murphy and Ritchie not being up to the defensive assignment, so why is it our central defense making the mistakes? It's down to coaching and tactics, I suppose. Hopefully Jones sorts it out. ;-)

Are we worried about aiming for the relegation end of the table so quickly? Of course not! We've made no effort to be any better than last season. Willock is permanent now, but we know this squad. We'll be awful again, as we have been for years. Ashley will make some money on the £165 hoodies and second rate shirts. The only way we win, is if the PL settles one of the cases and allows the sale in lieu of damages. I certainly don't care if Ashley wins and only receives compensation. In other words it's a long, long shot.

One day we will be back to respectability and competing at the level of our income, with the ambition to achieve more, but that is not this year. Don't let the losses weigh you down. Do not fear the drop. This is going according to their plan. Just enjoy the bright spots, if you can. On Saturday, we earned a point.

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Being a Newcastle fan is difficult and heartbreaking.

The top level play of the 90's is a distant memory.