First lady: Turn off TVs on 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by el_urchinio, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't want her to come to Binghamton, but I really don't have much of a say. Nothing she ever does could make me like her. Schumer is also our Senator, but you know what, he has done a decent job. When he visits the area it's usually because of a new initiative their launching, or some other type of bs that actually involves our community. Hillary could give a rats ass. All she wants is the $$ and photo op. She reminds me of our State Senator, Thomas Libous. He is one of the BIGGETS media whores in the world. If there's a camera he's sure to be there.

BTW, she can go to What's Your Beef? But the Sportsman shut down.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we didn't, Upstate voted in favor of Lazio, he drew biggest from Upstate (minus Buffalo) and Eastern Long Island.

3. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000
    Here's an account of the accident:

http://www.bartcop.com/pickles.htm

Seems I recall a certain senator from Mass. driving a car off a bridge and killing a woman, but maybe that's just an urban myth.

4. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    there's nothing as satisfying as accidentaly killing your own boyfriend :rolleyes:

that really says something about your character.

congrats again mr.loney

5. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...you do know Immanuel Wallerstein's at SUNY-Binghamton..? One of the first, cohesive critiques of globalization was theorized by Wallerstein. I suggest Historical Capitalism as a primer.

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Both Teddy and Laura skated when they shouldn't have.

I did vaguely wonder when Chappaquiddick would be brought up. Nothing like selective denunciations to bolster the conservative cause.

Maybe if Hillary gets pulled over while sauced, or drives over a teenager or two, then people will start thinking of her as "classy." She's already taken more crap for killing someone than even Teddy did - without even going to the trouble of killing anyone.

Hey, man, dig that, was that a red stop sign?
    - Nervous Norvus

7. angus_hooligan

angus_hooligan New Member

May 15, 2001
    Chicago
    I can't remember the last time that I did have a drink. However, I did have what seemed to be a monstrous hangover yesterday.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's now Binghamton University (the kiddies don't like it being referred to as SUNY anymore), but yes I do know of him. I attended Grad School at Binghamton, but he was never one of my teachers.

I have heard some very good things about him and some very negative ones, but the negative comments always seemed to come from the students who wanted to breeze through a class and not do any work.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, if I wanted to do the fullblown smackdown on your grammar, I wouldn't get anything done today. I just find "hypocracy" a funny word.

10. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    again mr loney your point had become completely lost in a blanket of rambling and some sort of "i owe it to bill and hillary" cause.

you must remember. no matter how hard it maybe our beloved laura bush wasn't quite the weight puller at the age of 17..so only so many questions can be asked when it comes to "slipping away" i think i see your point. but it's some major apples and oranges.

try again?

11. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    But you'll always be a dick, irish, no matter the era or epoch...

12. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    What? She has a stepford smile on her face and she is your hero?

What is your standard for a first lady?

13. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    :D

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap, a couple of college kids were drinking too much? What's next, using swear words at a football game?

15. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    it all depends on how well she cooks my dinner and does my laundry.

:rolleyes:

16. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Like I said, attack politics are in full force

Why do you put hypo in bold?

If someone is off by one letter in a word it really isn't that big a deal. I wasn't surprised that you always seem to attack this way when you don't have much to add. Why not leave the issue at hand to people who care to address it in good faith.

Not all of us have english as a first language and your attacks make you look small and petty.

17. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Whatever. She defiinitely had something to do with Vince Foster's death. And if you say she didn't, then either you're covering up for her, or you killed him yourself. Stop crawfishing.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garcia, you ignorant slut

Dude, he wrote "hypocracy." The word is "hypocrisy." "cracy" is a suffix that denotes a type of gvt. Democracy is rule by the people, theocracy is rule by the church, and kleptocracy is rule by thieves.

Let me write your next post for you.

19. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Spin it stooperdave. Spin it until you believe it. I mean, if you aren't working for the DNC it would be their loss, but that would make that bogsoccer's gain, I guess.

I don't know why you waste your time with such an...
    ...like me.

So as I said a few days ago, great to see the mudslinging campaign in full swing for the November elections. Then again, unless you are running for the post of the week, get off my jock because I am not a going to vote for you regardless.

If you can't beat em' ... attack em'

20. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Why not? That was the GOP strategy with Clinton.

Perhaps they should've brushed up on their SNL references.

21. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I killed Vince. Chandra too. It was a pact between me, Hillary, and Janet Reno. And when we finished, Hillary and Janet drank their blood and made out with each other while Monica Lewinsky blew me.

Dipshit.

22. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    If you don't stop, I'm gonna turn this thread around and go home!

Actually, that is part of the problem. The two parties are like two children. "He started it!" In the USA it is known how yellow journalism and those newspaper muckrakers did much of the dirty work for interested parties back in the day. Some even did tell some truths.

I don't know the exact time this all started but the GOP with their chicken wing conspiracy was a laugher. I agree. Not to mention a waste of time and money.

See, you must understand that I am not a member of either party. I vote for people, individuals. Is this where I tell you all that I voted for Clinton...twice? I did.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK now it's time to lay down the law....

STOP the personal attacks on each other. Who gives a crap how someone spells something. We've all made mistakes before so cut the crap.

If it doesn't stop then this thread will be closed.

Thank You!

24. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    How the hell do you know?

Unless YOU killed him....

But KEN F***CKING STARR said she didn't!

Unless HE killed him....

*head explodes*

25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, when I called him an "ignorant slut," that wasn't an insult, that was an SNL reference.

If he took it that way I apologize.