First Ever Training Session for FC Dallas

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Nov 1, 2004.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: First Ever Taining Session for FC Dallas

Superb stuff once again.

The Nhlecko Enigma. He is strong, fast and only 25 years old. I love the guy but I cannot figure out why he doesn't dominate. He should. If he practiced his touches and shots enough. Obviously he is talented.

Then I read he has gone back to South Africa for at least the next 2 months. Which is fine. If he was training with a local pro team. He may well be. But I can't help but think that him being gone for 2 months does not help his cause.

By himself he may have trouble motivating himslef to train. To stay fit. Away from the coaches eye, they will watch someone else. The last 2 seasons he has had trouble getting fit and it leads me to believe he would be better off if he stayed in Dallas during the off-season. I thought I remembered him moving his family here before the season started.

I wish him well - but disappearing for 2 months does not bode well for his chances. I just don't think he is giving himslef the best chance to succeed here. If that is what he wants to do.

3. Wheezer10

Wheezer10 New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Kennedale, TX
    Just looked at Yanks Abroad website and noticed Mathis hasn't
    played in 5 straight games for Hannover.
    I would bet money Keller goes to ReAL Salt Lake.
    If there had been a Portland or Seattle team Keller would have gone there, but Salt Lake is close as he is going to get. The Chivas probably won't pick Mathis, because he I don't think Chivas want a Redneck. I am speculating again, but I can hope he falls into our lap.
    This would be great to market with Mathis trying to stay on the US team alongside the up and comer "GrownA$$ Man".

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: First Ever Taining Session for FC Dallas

Good points, but if I see Nhelko in an FC Dallas jersey next year I'm going to sh!t a brick. We don't need to waste an Si slot on someone like Nhelko who can't produce when I'm sure theres someone out there who can do a much better job. Nhelko is done.

5. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't think Mathis is the answer. We don't need his bad attitude and he is always injured. Lets find a Guevara type of player who can give the ball to the "Grown A$$ Man."

6. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    so youre saying we dont need mathis because he has a bad attitude but you do want guevara? that doesnt make a lot of sense to me but oh well. Mathis' attitude is exactly what we need. If we had someone who wouldve lit a fire under this team after bad losses maybe we would still be playing right now

7. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say Guevara, I said a "Guevara type." Attitude is a good thing if it is channeled for the good of the team, like Pareja, but a negative attitude is detrimental to the team. I see Mathis as bringing a negative attitude to this team the way he did with the Metros and currently with Hannover 96.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take Mathis in a heartbeat.

9. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    fixed your post.

10. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    hahahaha you must spread some reputation blah blah blah

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    frankly I thought this would get more talk....

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    The African player is Jay-Jay Okocha, isn't it?

13. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    If there was more detail, then there would be something to talk about. No mention about the positions they play. No mention of the age range of these players. No mention as to whether these are National Team level players. So there is nothing to talk about other than that is a very short list and one has to wonder why the are limiting themselves to such a short list.

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    George Weah

15. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they know what they want, did some homework and targeted some players...

if it had been a long list someone would have said "what? they can't decide what they want? Why is it taking so long?"

16. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    :eek:
    :p
    HAHAHAHAHA

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy Adu.

18. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I doubt anybody would complain about them having too long a list of players on their wish list considering that the new season is 5 months away and they will not start training for that season for another couple of months. And if they have indeed limited their list to these 6 anonymous players, what is their contingency plan if none of them pan out?

19. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    GE has said "grade us on what we do with the Adu allocation".....

someone who has it, please post the picture of Judge Smails......

-bs

20. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    True, but the transfer window is in January. They have 2 months
    to get their act together, and only 6 weeks after the expansion draft
    to pull the trigger on any movement of "under contract" players.

Of course, if they are going to settle for 'out of contract' players,
    then the January window isn't as much of a problem. For HSG.

However, GE and CC have an incredibly more difficult job to do
    if they expect to bring in someone not under contract and still
    get high marks in the "Grade us on how we use Adurape allocation."

-=bs

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez chamo it's a short list. Surly you know how these things work.

You take a look around find some guys you like and put their names on a list... then you talk to their agents...

Do you really think the answer is "oh well if we can't get these 6 we will give up and go home with no one."

if they don't get any of the one they like at first they keep looking and that is why you start looking now... you give the team more options.

if they had said "We have no idea, we haven't even begune to look" that's when I would be pissed...

22. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I was just commenting on the list because you asked for it. There is nothing else to comment on other than the list is short. If the proper compensation for the Adurape is amongst these six, let's see them close the deal.

They set the precedent last year when they dropped the ball in acquiring a player mid-season despite it being obvious that they needed help.

Precisely. A longer list would give you more options.

Pissed? Why does anger play into equation?

23. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you could have said almost anything about it. "It's short" seemed a silly thing to me to say. somone could take a look at certain areas and the locations I listed.... or maybe only one european...

fair point. In the end there are several reason why they didn't. Not sure any of them are enough to explain it.

Is that a better thing? what if the 6 are Ronaldo, Raul, Figo, Klivert, Beckham, and Roberto Carlos.... other than the fact you can't sign them, it's still a frekaing good list. Quality over quantity is my point.

Because if they had no list and no names that would mean they had been sitting on their assess doing nothing. Therefore I would be pissed.

since they have a list of 6 to start with I am excited to see who, what, when ....

24. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Toni doesn't dominate because he usually has an awful first touch which makes him hurry a probably run-of-the-mill shooting foot, which results blazing shots usually way high.

25. doctor_j

doctor_j New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    reppin' ETex
    I know I'm quoting this out of context; I just like the way it sounds :)