First 101 experience...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by red&black1, Sep 22, 2003.

1. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I was at the Metro-Crew game on saturday and i brought 3 new faces who dont watch the Metros because of low interest in the team... I convinced them to go using the tailgating and free beer lure(gets them every time).

We watched all of regular time from the 106. I've been a fan since '96 but have never had the joy of watching a game from 101. So just before the overtime started i got tired of seeing the NO GOALS-NO FUN look on my friend's faces and decided to move everyone to section 101 to see if that would spark some interest in them.

The next 10 min. were the most fun i ever had at a Metro game especially when Roberto Carlos wearing a Woly suit decided to end the match a bit early.. The look on my friends faces after that stunning goal was priceless... They all said that they would be back for both matches next week and that they would try to bring some more people as well..

It is now monday and i already have a list of 12 people(and growing) for Thursday night who normally wouldn't even watch the game on TV...

This makes me one happy Metro fan!!!!

Thanks to ESC and to WOLY!!!

Viva Metro

2. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    [​IMG]

YYEAAAAYYYY!!!

3. LOS PIRANAS

LOS PIRANAS New Member

Dec 13, 2001
    REPPEN ALL OF JERSEY
    yeah

yippie skippy!!!! i bet none of yous show up on thursday!! or sunday or 4 the open cup!!

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    My italian friend has a great time in 101. He wants to come back. My other friend Jose bailed out at the last minute, however he sais he wants to make up for it and go to the DC Scum game. We will see....

5. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Re: yeah

sorry to pop your cherry "skippy" but i never miss a game and i already have 5 more tickets sold for thursday and 11 for sunday..... excuse me for trying to help Metros by getting more people to come out to games...

6. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all seriousness, we'll be getting where we want to be as supporters when we have nutcases like you (I mean that in the best possible way) posting threads like this after every home match.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

9. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hear, hear. We need to ENCOURAGE people to share their enthusiam about the ESC experience, not crap on them.