Pre-match: Fire v. Mouseketeers de Orlando 5/29 7:30 Soldier Field Apple TV

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, May 28, 2024.

?

What happens in this midweek tilt?

1. Fire win! Fire win!

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Fire draw

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Fire loss, at home, again

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. SOMETHING stupid happens!

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  5. Malört

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  6. Rubber Dick!

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  7. Fire are playing? Again?

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  8. Raccoon invades Soldier Field with an FU to Raquinho, sadly nobody notices

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Is the new stadium built yet?

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  10. Has the transfer portal opened? We need a DP10, wing, defender, second striker...

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  11. Shit, we need a new team, basically

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  12. We still have a chance at The Double! (MLS and Leagues Garber Money Grab Cup)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  13. Well, at least we won't have Shaqiri slowing down the game!

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  14. Heitz signs Mbappe and Modric, people here crap on the moves.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  15. Heitz WILL shock us with a major (league) signing. We will ALL be very happy.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  16. The cicadas are here! Can any play defense?

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  17. Six Chicago steakhouses are on the list of the 101 Best Steakhouses in the World.

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  18. Asador Bastian on West Erie is the top in Chicago at 14th. Yeah, I haven't been, either.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  19. The Lollapaloosa line up is especially crap this year. What are Tyler the Creator and Stray Kids?

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  20. The house from the awful Home Alone movies is for sale in Winnetka...a bargain at $5.25 million.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do you mean? I do not remember speaking ill of them. I have nothing against them.

2. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I don't pull my star striker at home looking for a win against a struggling team like Orlando when it's 100% low hanging fruit. Why Cuypers was pulled after scoring finally I have no clue. That was just a terrible choice in my humble opinion.

Somehow the Fire escape the first half with 11 men is also just as stupid as it gets. We had our quota of STUPID tonight.

xtomx, harrylee773 and goldclover repped this.
  3. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    One thing is for sure...this season...when sooo many other seasons it seemed opposite...this season...the ref's have gone far more our way. How bad is that?!?!

4. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And still really bad results!

goldclover repped this.
  5. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started counting “Stupids” but ran out of fingers and toes

willydonc and Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  6. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    He’s been injured…

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  7. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What was Klopas thinking taking Cuypers off? Was he settling for a tie at home. So stupid!

harrylee773 and Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  8. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    he sat across the row from us tonight, first time I've seen him at a game

wife and kid on one side, Heitz and Pelzer on the other

9. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have seen Mansueto at many games and sitting with the regular folk (and Heitz).

overlap_old_coach and bunge repped this.
  10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I think the call to pull Hugo had happened a minute or two before the goal.

goldclover repped this.
  11. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    I agree, Frank seems to come in with a number of minutes plan...plus Hugo had worked his ass off and is expected to play 75? Saturday.

The Acosta sub should have come much earlier...either he's still not in shape, over the hill, or lazy...Gimenez remains clearly better and works harder (WHAT?!).

Sure hope Heitz's grand plan is not just to shift from "building around Shaqiri" to "building around Acosta":rolleyes:

plezercruz, bunge and goldclover repped this.
  12. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Ooof...not a look that indicates "same page"...

I just looked to see how many minutes Hugo played in his last 20 games before coming to the fire...full 90min in 14 of 20...only 1 under 73min.

Questionable if it was the right/wrong move to "managing Hugo's minutes per week" + "getting Koutsias some development minutes"...but I like the Fire in the belly from Cuypers (7.5) :thumbsup:

Gimenez, Herbers, and MHS were all positive egg moves...Acosta(6.8), Navarro(6.6) and Barlow(6.9) were over cooked potatoes.

13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    18 shots, but 2 on target?

Cuypers subbed at home, while we are tied?

Barlow started?

Well, I guess I didn't miss much.

Echo and the Bunnymen were surprisingly good. I have not seen them since 2001 (I think).

14. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I’m sorry but that is not the look of someone that’s angry. People are just looking to manufacture problems at this point.

15. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There's no need to manufacture MORE problems. Lol. Yes perhaps he already registered his subs and 3 games in 8 days or so it makes sense but the timing appeared odd as I would think you leave your best striker in at that point in the match. I still don't understand starting Barlow two games in a row. I don't really see what he brings other than a fresh body. Koutsias hasn't been scoring either but his movement is good and I don't see him dribbling into a double team and losing the ball. Koutsias makes good runs and passes 1-2 touches and creates things even if his finishing is a bit frustrating. Maybe Barlow is tearing it up at practice? It's the only explanation I have?
    I caught Echo at the Metro a few years back when they double dipped at Lollapalooza (I didn't go to that) and while I was towards the back of the room and didn't have a very good vantage point they were solid. I still think "Porcupine" to a lesser extent and "Ocean Rain" especially can be considered among the best albums of the 1980's.

xtomx and harrylee773 repped this.
  16. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. We do not know all the facts.
    While he played a lot of minutes previously, MLS requires more time spent traveling and he may not travel well. He may have a minor tweak. Maybe he is running more now.

17. Last night I made sure I walked up and down the opposite aisle from Joe & family. I actually saw the security this time.

In other news I had a nice time pregame with Pattrick & the academy grads & actually made the time & effort to get over to the west side and say hi to DJ Step. Needless to say, these academy kids are smart enough to see the same things we're seeing.

In multiple other conversations with team involved folks last night it was agreed by all that Ludo would be a great choice to take over when, and if everyone (including Frank, . . . especially Frank) have had enough of, . . . well, . . . Frank.

xtomx repped this.
  18. Agree.
    As I replied to Tyler, "Do they wear all those man bras for fashion?"

19. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    It’s puzzling, I thought the ‘run hard’ role was fully owned by Herbers, plus he can shoot. Granted Fabi is back to his best role (super sub) but I’d start him next to Cuypers over Barlow or Koutsias (both should only be starting if Hugo is hurt).

20. plezercruz

plezercruz Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Question pondered on the way home from the game:

If you could have pushed a button to eliminate ALL Chicago Fire contracts last winter and start over as an expansion team...would the Fire be better if you pushed the button than they are now?

Pete (thinks probably yes)

21. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2024-5-30_10-57-36.jpeg

22. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as long as Heitz/Pelzer are the ones signing the new expansion team. Otherwise they’d just create the same mess we currently see.

Pennsylvania Dave, Mac97, xtomx and 4 others repped this.
  23. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    finish the Frank, you're saying?

24. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    I liked MHS in one of the two forward spots when he subbed on for Barlow

guys I prefer to Barlow up top: MHS, Koutsias, Fabi, Mueller in addition to, obvsiously, Cuypers

25. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, we’ve seen recent expansion teams come in and contend or at least make the playoffs so I’m inclined to say yes but with the caveat that Frank isn’t coaching them. Bring back Ezra without Frank as an assistant and give me an expansion club over this team.