Fire U-10 girls team

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 12, 2003.

1. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
  2. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    That is cool, but all the other teams in that league are gonna hate them for having much cooler uniforms. itll be intense.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    They're smiling because they just beat the Dallas Burn.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    The Fire Juniors are everywhere now. My team was at the Palatine Celtic Tourney two weeks ago and there was at least one Fire Junior team in every age group boys and girls. Their uniforms are great and I was even jealous and had to restrain myself from mugging a couple of those kids (that was a joke by the way, I was in no way intending to mug any children).

6. I think these teams are based out of Wheaton and associated with the Park District. Question is, are these teams any good? Are they competing on the same level as Magic, Sockers, Chicago Alliance ?

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    You are correct. They are out of Wheaton. Speaking only from having watched a few of them play, I would say they are not yet on the level of Magic, Sockers etc. They were more or less average for the competition at the Celtic Cup. I do not know how much involvement the Fire has with actual training and what the qualification of the trainers and coaches are there but at this point they seem average. I would think by name and association they will attract better players in a short time though. I had thought about having my son tryout for Fire Juniors but decided the drive to Wheaton would be too difficult.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Your coach of the U13 Boys White and U14 Girls Select teams:

The Dip.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Do you really think Dipsy has time to be a true head coach? Or perhaps he just makes it to certain training sessions? I've heard a couple of other players talking about their youth coaching 'responsibilities' too. Not sure how much actual hands on training they are involved in. Would be cool as hell to have Dipsy as a coach though, wouldn't it?