Fire Stadium Talk

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jmeissen0, Sep 21, 2003.

1. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I think this is the key. Daley is looking for ways to help the south side and I expect a whole new community from the deal. Daley wants the Sox to stay and he wants property values to go up. My guess is that the Fire deal will include condos and stores so the Sox can tap into the Wrigleyville feel of things, and so then will the Fire.

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole Bridgeport/Bridgeview thing gets pretty confusing. Which one is which?

3. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BridgeVIEW is a suburb -- think of it as having a VIEW of the city of Chicago -- as being on the outside looking in.

Bridgeport is a neighborhood within the City of Chicago.

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Another one I've just thought of: BridgeVIEW is a Village. BridgePORT is part of Chicago.

5. Sounds like Harrison. If this is really the case, then a soccer stadium could be key for Daley, and make him want to throw more money then he might have previously wanted to, into the project. Im sure he'll look at Harrison NJ and realize its worthwhile. Hopefully everyting in Chicago is put in place and construction started well before Harrison is finished.

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    http://www.chgocitytours.com/image02/02ChicagoMap5.gif

And just follow the diagonal line from Bridgeport out past that goofy picture of a plane (Midway Airport) and you'll basically hit Bridgeview just past the Chicago border where it says "Clearing."

For reference, the Near South Side has gone and is going upscale condo yuppie. The Near West Side is doing the same, while Pilsen is trying to hold on to its roots. It's an ethnic neighborhood, formerly Eastern European and Italian, now Mexican and still some remenants of old school Eastern Europeans and Italians. But, Pilsen is getting gentrified like its neighbors to the North and North East. Bridgeport is next in line.

The north end of Lincoln Park is about as far from the Loop as is the south end of Bridgeport. Its got a ways to go, but the location is going to be expensive real estate in the not so distant future.