Fire Reserve player....?!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by crewzer1308, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have gotten into quite a few trendy nightclubs in Manhatten with friends by telling them we play professional football in Europe. Helps to speak a second language and actually look like you are an athlete though.

Usually we get to the door and tell them we are here training for the new season ..i even have my piture on the wall with a friend of mine with the owner of a club in the city..makes me laugh every time someone i know see it and asks me about it.

overall it has worked for me and my friends about 80% of the time.

2. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Saw quite a few of our American friends passing themselves off as Canucks while I lived in Europe. That nasty Nam thing you know.

I was mistaken for Flyer captain Bobby Clarke while on vacation in Acapulco MANY years ago. These were real fans from Phillie too. But I didn't have the heart to carry it on.
    I hope with that handle you at least pretended to be a French-Canadian bobsled team.

3. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    My brother and some of his friends went to Gonzaga to visit one of their buddies and pretended to be English players and their friends, worked like a charm.

4. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at in-n-out with a couple of my friends a year or two ago and this brazillian guy, well that what he said he was with a perfect american accent came up to us and said we looked like soccer players by the way we walked..lol Well we had indoor shoes on at the time. So he goes on to tell us he played for manchester united, and every year this what he said "me, pele and boys go to Canada every year and play a game".. He also meantioned Johan Cruyuff as one of the guys he plays with. It was soo funny. He kept talking about how he played for Brazil and i think ac milan as well..Just thought i'd share that with you since we're talking about players who lie about playing for teams.

5. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    I recently met a Jamaican in Florida who used to play with Damani Ralph at UConn. He also knows a couple of other Jamaican players, including Andy Williams. He seemed legit, looked like an athlete. Sells real estate now.

But what was interesting was that he said Damani wasn't always that good. He didn't stand out at first. He just worked really hard and improved his game a lot while he was at UConn.

6. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio

to be honest with you i didn't meet the guy here in ohio. i met him at a convention in michigan. i think it is him in the pic. he said that he played with the reserves and was told that he might enter the draft this coming year.