FIRE PAT ONSTAD

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Jun 6, 2018.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That display of goalkeeping by Ketterer was abysmal. Steffen was a youth national team keeper, and now USMNT keeper who's natural talent is overshadowing Onstad's deficiencies.

We see tonight in Ketterer's play that Onstad is not the man we need. If this team is ever gonna achieve US Open Cup glory like we did in the halcyon days of Greg Andrulis (a goalkeeper coach, himself!) we need better than Onstad to mentor our backup keepers.

Fire Pat Onstad.

2. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This made me smile. Thank you.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #onelove

4. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hire David Winner

Kryptonite, the_rickler and hangthadj repped this.
  5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If Berhalter and Precourt had any respect for our history, Winner would be here!!!!!

Kryptonite and the_rickler repped this.
  6. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Why did Ketterer even get on the field? If it was in case Kempin goes down on Saturday, that's horrible reasoning.

TKyle repped this.
  7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Because Gregg Berhalter does not take seriously the trophy that has the name of this club's founder on it.

Crew Chuck35, ZipSix and TrueCrew repped this.
  8. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bring back the Bearded Clam?! I don't think Chels could handle that.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be against giving Buschie the job. He clearly still has great affection for the city and he was the starting keeper the only time we won THE CUP.

9. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew someone would post this. I am just glad that the BigSoccer world is still so predictable when the rest of the soccer world is not.

KCbus repped this.
  10. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3G is to blame for the loss.

Chicago played Schweiny & McCarty whilst Pipa sat. Ballgame.

Draghignazzo and hangthadj repped this.
  11. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think of that a Crew B/C team almost beat Chicago's A team.

Crew Chuck35 repped this.
  12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'll keep that in mind for the remaining 4 rounds of the US Open Cup that the Crew isn't participating in.

13. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will happily thinking of how our players are not getting injured ala Eddie Gaven. His loss has forever soured me on the US Open Cup.

I will be happy to see a full strength lineup (minus Zack and Wil) on Saturday against the Red Bulls (minus Adams and Parker).

I will watch Schweinsteiger and McCarty running around on turf in Atlanta breaking their old knees and sweating all the knockwurst out. As they lay down on the field after they lose, looking MegaTron's Butthole wonder if they can fake an injury. Maybe one of the Fire players will fall on Almiron and break him in half. MLS writers will cry. I will laugh.

Then I will watch LAFC play the Sacramento Republic and get all nice and tired for the Crew visit on the 23rd. Add 3 points there.

On July 18 I will watch Orlando chase after NYRB and lose. Dom Dwyer will probably get injured because that is what he does. And then they play the Crew on the 21st. Add 3 more points.

And maybe just maybe, another team will sacrifice so much for the US Open Cup that we end up getting the Sheild or MLS cup here in Columbus.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is a losers mentality. You win trophies by winning. Not by hoping other teams lose or suffer injuries.

What an embarrassment.

ZipSix, TRUJDUB and chr1st repped this.
  15. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Open Cup provides a path to Champions League. If you value that, you should value The Cup at least a bit.

I hope CL turns into a bigger and more prestigious tournament. It would be good for the growth of the league.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  16. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be nice to win, sure but I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

We lost Eddie Gaven for a chance to fly to play Joe Public (Sorry Waterhouse and Tauro that year) or get Concacafed by a Mexican team again. And for what $100k in extra money. Not worth it. We are not a team with a lot of money (or an owner who is looking for any little way to show how much money he is losing) and B teams to send to the far reaches of the Western Hemisphere. The Crew have to pick their battles. Let TFC and Seattle waste their money and players. How is TFC doing without Drew Moor and Seattle without Jordan Morris? The Crew are one injury (Zardes or Steffen or Higuain and probably Trapp) from being a non-playoff team.

And everyone is insulted by Saprissa but we want to play lesser teams? I don't get it. On one hand these Central American teams are crap but we want to play them more.

Get a owner who is willing to invest in this team and Columbus and I might start caring if we ever go to the CCL again.

17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Valid points but I think they want to win with the youth nothing wrong with that but late subs to win PK shootout could have been made? I didn’t watch but I think that’s what hang is saying.

Plus if Kempin is the better back up then why play your 3rd keeper? Seems dumb

TKyle repped this.
  18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You made most these points yesterday. It was a losing mentality then, and it's a losing mentality today.

ZipSix repped this.
  19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find that where a Crew fan was on October 24, 2002 is a good starting barometer of how much that fan loves the US Open Cup.

ZipSix, Draghignazzo and TKyle repped this.
  20. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there.
    It was cold!
    Add: bring back the grey 3rd kits!

21. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ticket stub from that game is still on my office tack board. And I will never forget Lamar Hunt dancing with the players after the trophy presentation.

Draghignazzo and TKyle repped this.
  22. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

23. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    My memory of that game was how upseti Lalas was. I think he might still hold a grudge against the Crew.

24. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been outside the Austin thread in a while, and I emerge to find this shit thread. Well done.

hangthadj repped this.
  25. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    While I'm not playing armchair lawyer, or fantasy urban developer I go back to what I am first and foremost, a fan of Columbus Crew. I keep my fingers on the pulse of the team and the fans.

Whether it's starting up the Gyasi Zardes hype train, or shining the spotlight on our completely ill prepared goalkeeper I have but one mission, I live to serve.