Fire ownership: We'd spend Keane money for right DP

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Stogey23, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically speaking, he didn't say DP, he said STRIKER. So, no the promise is unfulfilled. Did the team (because he said we) spend Keane money on a player? Yes, they used allocation money and sponsor money and you suck money and maybe some of Andrew's father in law's money.

I can overlook the technicalities to say he did in fact fulfill a promise but like Bunge said in a tweet: if I starve my dog for a week and give him a steak on the 8th day, am I a good owner? I would say no but I would also say lets take this time to enjoy this steak because we deserve it.

2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I'm a vegetarian.

PS I believe it was @joelbiden on twitter that made the steak analogy.
    PPS I was the one that clarified that Keane made more money in 2015 than Schweinsteiger makes now.

3. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I only replied because I thought it was poor taste to gloat about something the Club shouldn't really be highlighting, considering that it took 5 years to keep his word. Primarily because in that time they replaced Klopas with a horrible coach who did much worse, they treated supporters with disdain, they finished dead last two years in a row. I'm all in on the Schweinsteiger Nuss Reiter Verein, but the team has gotta get the results before the Club can truly get our Chicago swagger back. The Fire are sitting on 5 pts, same as they were this time last year, the process has to produce before staff can rightly boast on social media like that.

goldclover, bunge, seamuslush and 4 others repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe we will get that "right" Keane money player someday.

krolpolski repped this.
  5. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So would Katai count for this? ;) I kid I kid haha....but now with the new owner let's get this thing churning again eh? Plus we still have the 3rd DP spot open!

6. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO, he's a TAM/GAM signing. No Hauptman money involved. It's going to be the NEW owner who goes after and brings in that Keane money player.

loonixxx, moleman and xtomx repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We should have gotten Quintero when we had the chance.

He would have been our Giovenco.