fire news 6/30

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    "Just playing D.C. United, I guess it's going to go back and forth," Sarachan said.

For the record, the only teams worse than D.C. right now are the Crew, the Crapids, and the expansion teams, which makes them barely mid table.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Then again, they had won their last two, including the only win so far this season against the Revs. You can't just look at the standings to tell how good a team is. They are one hot goalscorer (read Jaqua) away from being good. And they are still defending champs.

3. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Hey, hey, hey... this is bigsoccer. There's no place for reasonable posts here.

4. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Chris Lau at the Trib gets himself a great quote:

"I'm hoping to play well enough and win these games so [coach] cannot take me out of the lineup anymore," Marsch said. "I don't think I should be out of the lineup so I'm going to make it as difficult as possible on him to make a decision."

If the body is as willing as the mind, this could make things interesting once the Gold Cup wraps up.

...and did the Sun-Times really call our captain Kris Armas? Why is "Chris" such a hard name to spell? I'm saying this from personal experience here.

Later,
    COZ

5. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    They were eating Krispy Kremes at the time.

6. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    On the subject of Chris Lau...

I don't recall seeing his byline until a few weeks ago. Is he a new writer on the staff? I've been generally pleased by the increased soccer coverage. I do wish he would spend less time gushing over visiting players (Adu, Ruiz, Wolff (IIRC)) and spend more time making stars out of the talent on OUR squad.

But - it's nice to have someone write about soccer, and not just paraphrase the official match report as if they watched the game.

7. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    He's interning over there, while Foltman gets ready for the return of the Hawks or something.

8. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    They've got five points on the next team in the table and are only five points from being fourth overall. I'd say that makes them solidly mid-table.