fire news 6/28

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    "Ticket prices for games, which now average around $21 per seat, will increase next season by about $2 to $3, Guppy said. Parking will be significantly cheaper than it is at Soldier Field, probably around $10."

For a family of 4, like mine, the reduction in parking won't make up for the ticket increase if all tickets go up.

4. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    It will be pretty close. I bet the food will be a tad cheaper too. I consider this kind of price change a huge victory. I give them credit. They are thinking right about the pricing -- build the franchise vs. just maximize revenue right out of the shoot.

From this language, I actually think it's possible ticket prices aren't changing at all, and there will just be a higher percentage of better seats.

5. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
  6. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
  7. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    Hooray! Thank goodness Guppy's head isn't so far up his backside that he's negiotiating for a shuttle bus from the Midway Orange Line station. I figured that would be something he'd kind of accidentally overlook.

Overall, the business plan seems sound when it comes to Soldier Field still being used for internationals and international club friendlies. The last thing anyone wants is Chicago to be off the radar for high profile matches (especially losing them all the Giants Stadium).

8. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    McDill's article.

I still can't get over this guy.
    Kent, your mistakes range everywhere from stupid proofreading errors, to glaring errors that even the most casual fan could correct or point out. If you would just stop sucking you would stop getting "nasty" e-mails. It seems like every season you write one of these whiney ass columns complaining about something, and guess what, NO ONE CARES.

Kent, just because people don't take the time out of their day to e-mail you possible lineups doesn't mean anything more than people think you are a jerk-off. Lineups for upcoming games can be found all over big soccer and www.section8chicago.com/forums

You do have a single name that fits you well. We use it all the time. McPickle.

I'm sorry, I think you are looking for the DC fans that have nothing better to do during the day than stuff online ballot boxes.

Kent, if you want, I'm sure the Arsonists would be happy to have you by their tailgate before the next game so you can eat a big bag of rubber dicks on them. Honestly, Real fans complaining about how the game was robbed from them over the weekend is more entertaining that your drivel. Have fun looking at yourself in the mirror every morning. I know I couldn't if I was you.

9. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: McDill's article.

One shipment of rubber dicks is on its way to Arlington Heights. I hope Kent and Imrem can put them to good use. Love, Arsonists.

10. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999

I'm sorry, maybe I've missed something, but this is a journalist that is willing to cover soccer and we are getting all over him? What has he done that is so bad?

11. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to theburden again.

12. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago

He makes it tough to be supportive of his coverage.....amateurish would be too professional a description of the apparent effort he puts into the column on some days.

Fans with only the most cursory knowledge of what is up with the team will note sometimes horrendous factual errors when reading his column.

If a sportswriter wants my respect, they need to know at LEAST as much as me about the subject.

13. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

WTF does that mean? If someone is willing to reduce themselves to the level of *gasp* covering soccer then it's ok for them to suck?

F that noise. McPickle can become a better writer and then he can have the credibility that he craves so much.

14. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How about this for a reason to dis him? He claims to be a supporter of Fire soccer, but then read this line from his article...
    He all but says that MLS & Fire aren't the real deal. Nobody, including the guys themselves, would say the Fire players are on the same level as Ronoldo, Beckham and Figo. But they are REAL soccer players and they work there asses off and they are OUR soccer players. So, yeah, this kind of comment pisses me off just a little.