fire news 10/10

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Oct 10, 2003.

1. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    hmmm....

In the Daily Herald article it says:
    "...Ring out of action: Fire backup goalkeeper Henry Ring has undergone surgery to repair a right labrum tear and is out of action for the remainder of the season. In his place, the Fire has signed goalkeeper Curtis Spiteri.

Ring appeared in only one MLS match this season, playing the final 11 minutes and making 1 save in a 4-0 win over Colorado on May 25.

Spiteri, 22, was the No. 1 goalkeeper for the Portland Timbers of the A-League before working with a German second-division team for a couple of weeks during the summer."

the lad's been doing some travelling. A month ago he was given a tryout with Aberdeen FC

3. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

4. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    And mid-September to mid-October is Hispanic Heritage Month for the whole U.S. Besides, didn't we already have a Polish Heritage night earlier this year?

5. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Indeed. July 26th against KC.

6. The only ethnic holiday that counts, Columbus Day is this weekend. The crew from West El will be at the parade Monday & hopefully on camera. By all rights it should be Italian Heritage night, which covers Martino, Capano, Coz, Ivaldo, a few Argentines, myself & a few others I haven't mentioned. Avanti paisans, out of the closet.

7. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    A while back I had heard on these boards that the field would actually "adjust" to accomodate soccer. More to the point, the stands would actually move. That press release says that the field isn't that much wider than Naperville. Which is right? I know not to believe most of the stuff I see on BigSoccer, but I also know that MLSNet fact-checking is sometimes spotty. What are the dimensions?

10. The west side stands can move in like Foxboro. Tonight the field was about 70 yards wide.

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said in non-football season it would be 75 yards.

12. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    OK, so your stands move and they let you sit on both sides of the stadium? You guys suck.

But seriously, can you make the stands jump like at RFK?