Fire Klinsmann Airplane Banner Crowdfunding in STL

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Jazzy Altidore, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please contribute to the Fire Klinsmann banner to fly at the next WCQ in St. Louis.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fire-klinsmann-airplane-banner#/

This was not my idea, but I contributed fifty bucks. American Outlaws are sadly too milquetoast for any sort of demonstration so this may be our best bet to make a statement. Contribute what you can, we need only a few hundred more dollars.

chad repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Its only going to make people look stupid to fly a banner over a packed house stadium in a match we will probably win by 7 goals.

3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If our fan base lacks that much. sophistication then they really need this more than ever

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It does not take much sophistication to realize this is not the game to fly the banner.

5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is your judgment....I say strike while that iron is hot.

6. JeffR

JeffR New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    And what if we don't win by 7? What if we eek out a 1 goal win, or draw? Or lose? Anything is possible with Klinsmann at the "helm" (i.e. autopilot).

Plus, I don't think it diminishes the impact if we beat St Vincent and the Grenadines. Anyone paying attention knows the latest disasters we've had.

RoleModel83 repped this.
  7. JeffR

JeffR New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    And do we wait until March? Heck, we could be out of it by the time of our next home game.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We only beat Antigua 3-1 in Tampa last cycle, even if Antigua are quite a bit better than SVG. Wouldn't shock me if we only win by two or three goals even though every thinks 8-0 romps like vs Barbados should be the norm.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  9. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Right. Fans should be sober, sensitive and prudent while this carpetbagger drunk drives our national team program around town.

US fans are such collaborators it's not even funny.

(P.S. WII reference intended but I'm not calling Klinsmann a Nazi. In this particular post.)

10. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

{whoa! he just smashed into a tree... is he dead? wait looks like he just woke up in there. oh he's SO drunk. he's doing something. oh my god he's starting the car. how is that car still car running? oh no, he's backing up. uh oh, he's headed down Qualifier Street...}

Grumpy in LA repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    All I know is that this is the largest Pro-USA crowd in WCQing history. And I have a good feeling this team is going to kick some major ass in front of that crowd.

If that happens no one is going to be looking up in the sky at some airplane. They will just be looking at the field and anticipating more goals and taking out frustrations on on a poor Caribbean squad.

If I am wrong, I will come back here and tip my cap to this idea. But more than likely I will be back in this thread next month telling everybody I told you so.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  12. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its less for the crowd and more to get media attention that actual fans are upset, instead of just talking heads on ESPN/FOX. It would be great if AO would do something like this, but they are pretty timid about rocking the boat.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, logically speaking it would get more media attention if it was flown during a match we could lose in.
    If the media or people watching on TV see that banner flown and then look at a 7-0 scoreline and the largest aforementioned crowd having a good time the message gets lost a bit.

But I will keep an open mind. If the team struggles this could be a genius move and then I will say you are right.

14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I again state that our fan base and even our media is not so dumb as to get fooled by a win against a tiny Caribbean island. It has nothing to do with a particular first round WCQ. It has to do with the bigger picture of where this team is going and where it has been. The game is merely the most convenient and visible forum to express the point.

15. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Nice! :)

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea what happened with this.

18. porkrind

porkrind Member+

Quakes
    United States
    Sep 27, 2001
    Bostonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Who's ready for another round? https://igg.me/at/YlOBSBAERT4

Banner's already ordered. If you like the results, please consider pitching in.

19. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We never saw proof that the banner ever actually flew last time.

doogiemo repped this.
  20. porkrind

porkrind Member+

Quakes
    United States
    Sep 27, 2001
    Bostonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I noticed that - I've requested pictures to be sent to me. If anyone at the game sees it, please do me a solid and post it here.

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Kudos man. Perfectly timed and placed. I'd be glad to send you a few bucks, let me know how.