Fire John Hackworth [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Tyr, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Funny how there's no discussion of a summit.
    Also, the open practice is going to come and go with no one eligible to attend due to the loyalty point system issues. That has typically been one of the only opportunities to ask our beloved head coach questions. I wonder why the team wouldn't want to have one this year...

Ruud11 repped this.
  2. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They don't want us to boo (and neither does the SOB Leadership as per recent email) but then they need to have a public meeting to address our concerns. Sending emails that we should not boo is nonsense.

3. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The team uses the Sons of Ben in most marketing materials: TV commercials, website, print ads, etc. Standing in the group's way or hindering the ability to chant or use banners would harm the team more than any possible benefit. The group would've established its ability to mobilize and speak out and any team action would encourage further displays. Sakiewicz may be a spiteful and proud man, but this would be a hell of a self-inflicted wound.

Remember: Was public sentiment in favor of the Revolution/Kraft Group or the Fort when they staged a walk out?

BuddhaWake repped this.
  4. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, 2045, 2088, 2125, 2129, and 2190.

5. metsox

metsox Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    #1905 metsox, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    I sent an email to my rep and didn't even get a reply, so you're well ahead of the game.

This this this this.

He also started and then led a build a bonfire put DC in the middle chant right after they had supported us and had a moment of silence for Eric. I don't know what the hell he is supposed to be doing but it sure isn't representing me or my views. And he's a capo. That's atrocious and I'd actually like to see him relieved much more than Hack (and I really believe Hack is killing this team)

6. sheteachme

sheteachme New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Heard from a friend that Hackworth's wife cancelled an interior design job because they "are moving". Of course, this could be a huge rumor so take it for what it's worth.

nhlman10 repped this.
  7. Scottj10

Scottj10 Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably to a larger house. After the win at Chivas, the FO probably rallied behind him and gave him a raise and contract extension.

CyphaPSU, Doop, TonyClarkDOOP and 5 others repped this.
  8. nhlman10

nhlman10 Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Meh
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so whats it gonna take to get hackworthless fired? The chivas win was fools gold and they played well tonight but still didnt a W.

After we squeak out of W vs. Harrisburg next week, we will lose to a NY team. Does hackworthless get fired then?

Worthless will continue to play Cruz over LE2 and a ton of other players outside there natural positions. Does hackworthless get fired then?

Despite a shit rest of season, we will at best get the 4th overall pick (with 2 expansion teams 1 and 2, and Chivas at 3). Does hackworthless get fired then?

BuddhaWake repped this.
  9. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll probably be here next year if it allows the Union to avoid buying out his contract.

CyphaPSU and BuddhaWake repped this.
  10. Ascalz

Ascalz BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless we get knocked out by Harrisburg I don't think Hack is gone at this point and it PAINS me to say that.

11. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even think it matters. Win, lose or draw, he's here.

[​IMG]

BuddhaWake repped this.
  12. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I have no expectation that Hack is canned. I also have no expectation that the U make a move for attacking and CB help. I just don't have any expectations other than the Union will start the remainder of their matches with eleven players and fulfill their contractually agreed upon schedule.

13. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I'm sorry I lol'ed

14. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Hackworth's career MLS record with the Union as of June 9, 2014 (73 games, 89 points):
    Year: W - L - T (PPG) - GF/GA
    2012: 8 - 11 - 4 (1.22) - 29/31
    2013: 12 - 12 - 10 (1.39) - 42/44
    2014: 3 - 7 - 6 (0.94) - 22/27
    Total: 23 wins, 30 losses, 20 draws (1.22) - 93/102

- We now have 3 wins in Hackworth's last 19 games in charge: 3-9-7 (0.84 PPG).
    - Although we've taken two wins and a draw from our last five matches, we're still on pace for less than 32 points this season.

lopezzzz repped this.
  15. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    according to the guy leading the crowd between 137/138, that's not true.

a small group of people started a "fire hack" chant, that quickly grew in volume. this guy came over and was yelling at people to stop, saying that's not what we are here for, you cant do that, etc

16. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats the best part of it all isn't it? The capos are actually in the minority it seems.....

17. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were capos there on Saturday? It did not seem that way. There were long stretches of the game where there was no noise coming from TRE, it was silent. So much so, that there were a few people in my section who tried to start a "you're not singing over there" chant. Ad Finem Fidelis something... supporting the team, blah-blah. I know there are many die hards in TRE, but apparently, there are many fair weathered posers as well. In fact, I saw a few in 140 who were out to "beat the traffic".

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some twitter musings that the silence was in protest ...

BuddhaWake repped this.
  19. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be much more understandable. However, it leads to the question: If nobody knows that you protesting, does it even matter? If the silence is not met with some explanantion, it's just lame. In addition, if it were really a silent protest, why did they re-start after the goals? Was all forgiven?

20. riot71

riot71 Member+

Dec 11, 2003
    New Jersey
    That is what it sounded like in the 34th min i'd say

21. lopezzzz

lopezzzz Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

I noctied the silence and thought maybe it was related to some kind of protest as well, but ultimately decided it was the crappy play they were watching.

billf, BuddhaWake, jaykoz3 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Next Depeche Mode song to be appropriated - Enjoy the Silence

23. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think any new song would be a welcome addition. Bonus if it's Depeche Mode.

UnionDues, riot71, jaykoz3 and 2 others repped this.
  24. ShawnPaul

ShawnPaul Member

Apr 10, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1924 ShawnPaul, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    It didn't feel that way, though I guess it's possible. To me, it was 2-0, looking bad, and no one felt there was anything to cheer for. The chants were dying off and relatively quiet after their second goal.

You know, there was controversy about the BR "incident" - but why not do something else? Why do we have to sing the same old recycled MLS chants? Even if the songs aren't soccer related, if we're making noise and bringing energy, what's wrong with it? There's only so many times I can handle Dale-O.

Tyr, jaykoz3 and Handsome Pete repped this.
  25. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "We Love Ya" is the worst culprit to me. It's lost its meaning since I hear it in almost (literally) every MLS match.