Fire House Artist Renderings

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jmeissen0, Nov 30, 2004.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!!! I'm moving to Bridgeview.
    I absolutley love it. Thank you for putting the seats close to the field.
    That stadium is going to rock. I love the brick exterrior,the roof,and the intamacy of the stadium.
    Thank you Mr. Anschutz.

2. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) There is nothing "un-major" about the stage. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with it at ALL. And if it turns into a terrace-y area during games, all the better. Why hide it? It's fine. A giant FIRE logo will hang there during games or something, which is MUCH nicer than the empty seats that get covered at Spartan.

2) What a beautiful stadium that is going to be. I mean, damn, I hope you FireFans are happy. I doubt that the penny-pinching will take away the brick or the roof. AEG must be happy with the amazing financial success of the HDC, and I bet they'll just fund this through the nose, even if the city wants to cut corners (which I doubt).

3) I think, regardless of a corporate sponsor, that MLS fans will probably call it "Bridgeview". I would officially name my first born "Anschultz" if they take a cue from the EPL, and sell off sponsorships of the stands instead. But, regardless, we like to call the HDC "Victoria Street", you'll call this Bridgeview.

Damn that's gonna be nice.

And if the HDC is any indicator, any bump in attendance will last longer than a season. People will come back.

3. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i mean are some people already ********ing complaining in this thread about certain things ???

Bridgeview is awesome and with HDC, Columbus, Frisco, and Bridgeview we will have 4 stadiums that put most stadiums in the EPL and Serie A to shame...

GREAT STADIUM...you have to work hard now to fill it up!

4. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schweet. Can't wait for the first Brimstone game there.

5. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The stadium looks terrific!

6. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They said that about CCS as well, the only concert they hosted was Nsync.

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

DMB will play there.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this idea. Hang one or more big banners from the stage, or other materials. That would look great.

9. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

i'd say there is a bit of a difference in the size of columbus and chicago... with chicago being able to handle more concerts and larger concerts

a place like the fire house will do ok

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It WILL do more than OK, and from a concert standpoint will get better. As AEG gets control of more prime venues of a certain size, it will begin to be able to book TOURS, not just ACTS. In other words, a band signs with AEG and gets bookings at The Fire House, Victoria Street, etc. etc. all as one package. It puts AEG in the Niederlander ranks.

11. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Anything so long as bands/tours have choices other than clearchannel (and yes, if you work for clearchannel, you should ponder killing yourself).

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Lack of concerts probably has to do with there being better and larger venues in Columbus for concerts. Then also Hunt isn't a big promoter of concerts, whereas AEG is.

Plus N'Suck totally ruined the pitch. I'm happy there haven't been anymore concerts or CCS would have that ************ ass pitch in HDC with sand kicking up everywhere.

13. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Take your bitching medicine would you.. Its amazing how some of you gusy will find anything in a absolutely great announcement to complain about!!!

We have gone from almost going under 4 years ago and complaining about downsizing of two teams to a brand new stadium worth 70 mill and bitching about the stage.

I am starting to think that the only reason we are minor is because we dont have real soccer fans in this league.

Maybe the Euro snobs had it right all along.:confused:

15. b1968k

b1968k New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Logan Circle, DC
    And if I read correctly, that isn't a banner hanging from the roof of the stage, but a removeable Jumbotron. Sounds pretty sweet.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct. I don't know where people got the idea that it was just some banner. The stage end houses a retractable jumbo-sized video screen, underneath which will be a kick a$$ beer garden. In front of the Beer garden will be six rows of seats, perfect for any traveling away supporter's that might come to our house. BTW, Section 8 will occupy the ENTIRE Harlem end (opposite the stage), so we should be able to put on a good show for ya.

How can anyone complain about that?

17. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    The great thing about that stage is that it will be perfect for the trophy presentation of MLS Cup in 2006 when DC wins it's 6th cup :D

That stadium seriously looks sweet...I hope they keep the roof, gives every team in the league without an SSS somethign to shoot for.

18. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Hmmm ... away supporters directly under an endless supply of beer? Perhaps I'll bring my umbrella. :)

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, those renderings aren't 100% complete. They don't show the player tunnel (at midfield), and if you'll look closely, you'll notice that the stadium doesn't have any seats. :)

PWilt has already said that the words "Chicago Fire" or the logo or something will be spelled out on them in mosaic fashion. I can't remember which one it was, but I do remember that he said that there will be a large "8" across the Harlem end for Section 8.

20. Mathemagician

Mathemagician New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    We-no-nah
    If true that would be pretty awesome!

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    The complaints are OK. I say bring them on because Peter Wilt has already listened to us Fire fans and has made changes to the stadium designs because of it.

22. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    I have to say that names in the seats sounds pretty good. Esp the idea of the 8, I think that it really shows an established team.

On the sponsoship side of things, I have an idea. I dont know if any of you have ever been to the panhandle of FL, but there is a sandwich chain there called firehouse subs. They are expanding very rapidly, and are apparently seeking to open up many more branches in the next few years. This would be great for a sponsorship deal. You get the "Firehouse" name no matter what. Plus they could actually put a restaurant there in the stadium which would be another plus for them since you dont see a home depot in Carson. It would be a great way for them to launch their brand into the Chicago area, not to mention they have the best sandwiches I have ever had. Make Subway, Quizno's, et. all look like PBJ. Just a thought. :D

23. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    eff that. Give me Jimmy John's Stadium. :)

24. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    mmm...PBJ

Gotta go.

(runs to kitchen)