Fire Gear - Out of Stock?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by cwhein, Jan 21, 2004.

1. cwhein

cwhein New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    USA
    I went to order myself a jersey and look for something new and found that there's nothing much to buy.

Anyone know when they'll re-stock? I just checked a week or two ago and they had more stuff listed.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Ordered from where?

3. cwhein

cwhein New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    USA
  4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    when I was ordering items around christmas time, they said they didn't expect anything new until March 2004.

5. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But who believes that? You know how this dog and pony show goes. MLS promises merchandise right before the season and only really gets anything in late May or June. Have a nice long wait for more gear.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    A) I don't recall "MLS" promising anything. I'm not sure what "MLS" has to do with it anyway.

B) Merchandise when we were supplied by Nike, even the Fire admitted it was spotty in availability

C) Since the Puma switchover, merch has been more widely available and easier to come by.

I guess I don't see the basis for that statement.

7. cwhein

cwhein New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    USA
    Now they just have XXL home and away jerseys.

I'm going to buy myself a Toffs jersey then. I've wanted the Crystal Palace "The #6 Shirt" but they never have my size when I have the money and I never have the money when they have my size.

Woe is me.

<edit> Just checked the World Soccer Shop and they have all sizes of the home and away jerseys.

Woe is no longer me.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    There should be a faux-retro Toffs-type Fire jersey. Just a long sleeve red jersey with white cuffs, collar and chest stripe. That would be awesome.

9. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have a white Stuttgart shirt.

[​IMG]

10. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think back only a year ago, when regular Fire fans had to wait until late May to early June to get a Fire jersey ordered in February. That would not apply to season ticket holders who got to go to that Puma/Fire pre-season banquet thing where the section 8 shirt and new Puma shirts were available for sale. That was probably you. For the rest of us slobs, we had to wait.

As for MLS, think about other teams in general. I don't think any team has new year merchandise available in time for Xmas nor even the beginning of the season in ANY case. If I am wrong here, please correct me, but that is my perception.

Regardless, Puma is a thousand times better than Nike, but not quite worth the glorification they get from you.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    If you're talking about the pre-season event at the hotel downtown, I didn't go. Gosh, they had most of the line available in February at the free preseason open house.

You suggested MLS makes promises they didn't keep regarding this. I am asking where the promises are. Your real blame lies witht he manufacturers and if at all, with the individual clubs.

Goodness. Glorification?

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    At least we aren't KC or Columbus.

Well that goes without saying, but look what they get to wear:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not @ niketown!

I just went to Niketown on Sunday and they had a mess load of jerseys. The k.c.jersey does not look that bad. It could be worse!

14. Orchid

Orchid New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tumon, Guam
    Tacky. I'd rather wear a burlap bag.

15. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    You'd rather wear a burlap bag even if their jerseys looked good!

16. Orchid

Orchid New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tumon, Guam
    Yes, with a Fire patch in there somewhere :)