Fire Cesare Prandelli!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Cyclonis, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People talk about the disaster of 2010 but Prandelli has brought us even lower! All his talk about meritocracy was a load of rubbish! This Italy could not score in a whorehouse if they had hundred dollar bills tied to their cocks, and yet we leave Miccoli, who is leading Serie A in assists and was the first player to hit double digits in goals and assists, rotting away at home. Why is Cannavaro not getting called up in favor of a player from Serie B?

I'm sick and tired of this crap! Why can't we just call the best players? Roby Baggio never even played at the Euro's b/c of a bunch of blockhead coaches. Perhaps it is about time that we hire a Brasilian coach that will stop with all the politics and just call the best players, PERIOD!

2. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Give him till after the Euros.

Though I agree not calling Balotelli was stupid.

3. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Completely agree, he's "experimenting" way too much. Experiments should of been completed a year ago not 4 months before the Euro.

4. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was a friendly. This thread is rather excessive.

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Here I was tired of this crap on the Roma board and hoping this would be an escape.

6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Getting fired for a meaningless friendly that your team dominated ?????

7. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Domination doesn't win matches.

8. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was not meaningless! It was HISTORIC! Italy have never lost to the USA before Prandelli! This might be the worst national team ever!!! :eek::mad::(

9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

this one is idiotic, but the one in roma board is definetly not :)

Prandelli is doing excellent job with the NT IMO

10. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure that leaving Serie A's leading assist leader at home when your team can't score at home makes total sense on some bizarre alien world. :rolleyes:

Can't you see that this reckless 'cult of the coach' is just aiding our decline as they omit our most talented players? Prandelli is a traitor to the republic and should be brought up on charges for killing off our ambitions.

11. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was a friendly you ignoramus.

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The guy who made this thread is ********ing cracked. Typical irrational response to a friendly that didn't go our way.

Bar a catastrophe, you don't sack a coach 4 months before the Euro's unless you're a useless bunch of cvnts i.e. the English FA.

Italy has a very talented roster of players with a nice mix of young guys, good athleticism and attacking talent. With that said, this is a globalized sport now, there is no guarantee you're going to dominate anyone anymore - unless their uber minnows (USA are not minnows by the way).

Frankly, we have as good a chance to win as much as anyone (including Spain) but we can still lose games.

---------

Oh yeah and the Germans (supposedly one of the favorites) let in 2 goals in the motherland against France (supposedly a shit team by comparison).

The Euro's are very unpredictable and today we saw the foreshadowing.

13. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The team was crap today and would have probably gotten schooled 4-0 by a MLS team. The government should take away all the money from those overpaid losers for embarrassing the nation like that and redistribute it into teaching young Italian kids how they play in New Zealand.

14. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Face reality Italy have one world class forward and the rest suck. What have they won? Have they even played a tournament as a focal point? More questions than answers and Prandelli dont have the formula without Cassano to make him look good. How this non winning loser ever got this job is the real question.

15. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Were you asleep when he was with Fiorentina? Talk about a squad overachieving.

16. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Extra points if you can tell me who said this: They dont give out prizes for yardage.

17. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We finished the top of our qualifying group without losing. We lose one friendly using an experimental B squad that has never played together and all of a sudden we need to fire Prandelli? You guys are being beyond ridiculous.

18. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dude you do understand this isnt the same team without Cassano and he isnt playing no matter what crap comes out of Prandelli's mouth. 3 games since 2 losses. Two years down the drain because this moron never had a plan B. And he is gonna try out Plan A at the tournament against Del Bosque Bilic and Trap. He's in way over his head.

19. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano was not the be all, end all savior of this squad and his form was nothing special prior to his injury. The only thing I can fault Prandelli for is not starting Mario Balotelli (whom I rate higher than Cassano).

20. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Prandelli is doing fine. This was obviously an experimental game and im sure Prandelli is now getting a better picture of the starting 11.

Italy was the better team over US although thet didn't start playing until the 70th minute.I think most of the players had injuries on the back of their minds and thats the reason why they did not go full out. Remember its only a friendly that means squat.

Im sure when we meet Spain, we will be firing on all cylinders.

21. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Weak argument. You are implying that our hopes and dreams relied solely on Cassano? lol

Amazing how fans will turn on a guy after he gets Italy qualified for Euro in record time.

22. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Team game but he was a key member who scored 6 goals during qualification and he started every qualifier. It was Prandelli not me who built his dreams around Cassano and never had a fall back plan. And I dont think Italy can play the same style without Cassano. If Prandelli had a brain he would have switched to a 4-3-3 right away because that system best suits Italy best player in Balotelli. Prandelli knows more than Mancini and Mourinho though. He's Lippi I reincarnated. No its more like he is another Juventus muppet whose only plan is to rely on the Juve block. The only difference is he isnt Conte and dont know how to motivate like Conte.

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are u serious??

this thread is a joke right? mods should close this...lose one meaningless game only 1-0 and u fire a coach that has done so well?

despite the results, this italy team is the most fluid i remember all my life, they actually connect passes and build up plays. They get unlucky in scoring but the overall play is respectful.

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well there is chance he could get fired if he fails. And its not like he isnt the weakest coach in the group. Reality hurts.

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think you should seek help.