Fire bid for Sebastian Mila

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by milicz, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    If anything, I think it'll be more interesting to see the records set by younger and younger players (at the WC)...

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Strikers, central backs, goalies... most federations have an abundance.

Natural left backs... a rarity in soccer. Hence a collective confidence in him.

Dunivant is a natural left back that can push forward as well as defend. He'll be a steady contributor for club and country for years, barring injury.

3. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just because Dunivant is an option in a position when the US (as most other NTs) are weak doesn't make him a particularly good player. He's okay. Frankly, if he was that good, the shortage of good left sided players abroad would only heighten his value, and thus expedite his exit from MLS. I couldn't help but notice the lack of any left-footed players against Jamaice, until JOB came on anyways.

As it happens, he's a decent option, but hardly world class. To say the DL position is his for years to come is hopefully optimistic at this point. I'll accept he'll be an option, probably IMO, for the lesser international games. Then again, if no decent competition arrives, then I guess he gets in by default. Heath Pearce could yet develop better than Dunivant who at 25 or so, is pretty much at his peak. Danny Karbassiyoon, Nate Sturgis, Tim Ward or any other player just on the brink of a breakout....

Also, Albright is probably not going to make the WC.

Anyways, time will tell on this one.

And incase I didn't make myself clear, he is a decent option. I'd much rather have a 7/10 player who is naturally left-footed playing the position than an 8/10 who is uncomfortable and out of position.

4. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    If Stanley Matthew could play at the highest level till 50, there is no reason why we can't bring back Mila at 54 with modern training methods and diet! :)

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Ridiculous

6. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Um, the problem with this is that while they did phone in the regular season last year (and look set to repeat the feat again this year), the Galaxy in fact DID win MLS Cup last year...in fact, Donovan's teams have won three MLS Cups since he entered the league.

In a league where the title is won by overall league standing, or a league neck-deep in top-tier talent, one brilliant midfielder isn't going to have nearly as much impact as he would in a less talent-deep league with a playoff system (in which nearly everyone qualifies for the playoffs).

So...kill everyone? I doubt it, but it is certainly possible that he could fuel a run through the playoffs (see Etcheverry, Marco; Nowak, Piotr; and yes, Donovan, Landon).

[Edited to note that I assumed Chris was being sarcastic...looking back, it's quite possible he was being serious, in which case, well, I agree with him.]

7. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mila is 23 and sees the occasional start for the Polish nationals.
    He is young, talented, and could be with Chicago for a while if the league continues to improve. I mean right now he has kind of fallen out of favor with his Austrian league team. So, would you rather go to Chicago or back to Poland. Not a tough call in my opinion. The future looks brighter at Chicago Fire instead of at any polish team.

He will be in Chicago. Great young talent, great pickup for Chicago. Instant starter and a instant improvement in midfield. They will not by no means kill with just him. But, if they can possibly get Radomski or Wagner to after World Cup they would be a very dangerous team and would have a sick midfield. I rate Radomski better than Mila.

If Radomski and Mila comes. Chicago would sell out Bridgeview for the rest of the year. These are two possible starters for 2010 WC and will both go to 2006 World Cup. There are some Mila haters that follow Polish soccer though basically just because he looks like that one animated creature off of Lord of the Rings. He doesn't really represent the good strong polish genes like Mariusz Pudzianowski and Joanna Krupa. Also has a tendency to dive which is disgraceful if your Polish. Some people rate him as a wuss but he's one or two good seasons away from pushing Kamil Kosowski of Southampton out of his starting postition because Kamil is a lazy talent.

but, in conclusion, Mila has more talent and upside than about anyone on Chicago at the moment except possibly Chris Rolfe.

8. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but you could say that about my grandma, too.

9. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I've seen your grandma play and I'd take Justin Mapp over her, sorry to break the news.

10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    You've contridicted yourself. If it's fun, then it's not meaningless. Everyone should neg rep you for being dumb.

11. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn Billings people. Northwest part of the state is so much better.

*a Montanan in exile in Misery*

12. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aha! So that's the name Ricardo Lavolpe is posting under!

13. Jayfil

Jayfil Member

Feb 24, 2000
    South Burlington, Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he looks like Joe-Max Moore.