News: Fire Berhalter

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bigredmachine, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Worst US Men’s team ever. No spirit. No aggression. There is no one who deserves to come back, but Berhalter is BAD . Bring back Klinsman. At least they fought with him.

60611, vikingito, sakibomb523 and 12 others repped this.
  2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly agree with you. I've had enough.

3. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's better than Klinsman but he's still bad. It was obviously a bad decision to hire him. Better to undo it now than later. Anyone have Earnie Stewart's email? We should flood it.

4. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    You beat me to it... It is now time to fire GB. He is terrible and we will not go anywhere under him. Next game, he will roll the same stiffs out there and we will lose again. Did we even have a shot?

Fire him Earnie. He was a mistake from the beginning, continuing this will not improve anything. Id take Klinsmann again at this point..... almost

LouisianaViking07/09 and gunnerfan7 repped this.
  5. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    I mean how can we be worse than 2 years ago?! Absolutely ********ing pathetic! Berhalter is a clown.

vikingito, Pl@ymaker, Namdynamo and 7 others repped this.
  6. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I ********ing hated Jurgen at the end but he's ********ing a million times the coach and motivator Egg is. Egg shouldn't be allowed to coach middle schoolers. Let him coach U-10 leagues.

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berhalter out!

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give the team to Ramos.

USA-Zebuel, 2in10, Pl@ymaker and 9 others repped this.
  9. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bullshit "he's better than Klinsman", JK, and 95 percent of this board would thrash a 3G coached team. Bum couldn't hack it in 2nd Division Sweden, and relied on Higuain to do everything at CBus.

10. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    It’s time for Berhalter to leave this program. He is an embarrassment to USSoccer

11. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't hire Berhalter. At the time, who among the base were advocating for him? If it was anybody, they were a minuscule amount. And he wasn't even an outside the box choice for that to be understandable. He was from the built-in coaching pool. I heard a bunch of names bandied about from that.

Not only did they hire him, which shows how dysfunctional the USS brass is when it comes to these decisions, due to conflicts of interest. They thought he was worth waiting a year for to start this process. If he had been hired initially there could be less excuses at this point this was just part of it. I'd bet there will be, just like with Jurgen, who lingered way too long.

It's another scam. Jurgen wasn't building, he was destroying until we ultimately had little left due to his prejudices and alienations. And the same is the case for Gregg's misfit style for the pool, w/ his group that was with him from the outset (due to circumstance), learning it so they have to stay. If that's your strategy, yes you're a fool.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  12. yankthisyank'swank

Oct 13, 2010
    Mayor of Hannover needs a promotion!

13. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GGG at least plays people in their correct position. Both coaches lost the locker room and both had some poor "pet" call ups. Klinsman's only advantage was he had a baller with stones like Dempsey. I don't think the team has that right now and Pulisic's crying on the bench is an example of what I mean. Dempsey would've been throwing stuff...not sulking.

14. floydgator

floydgator Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 15, 2019
    If this were anything other than a corrupt organization who cares only about their own financial interests, everyone associated with the men's national team would be fired. The USSF simply does not care. I'm a VIP member and I can't even get them to answer basic questions about tickets and membership benefits.

Of course he should be fired. Of course the old retread MLS never was player should be put out to pasture. None of this will happen.

There is a year before we start playing the matches that matter. Now is the time to make the change. They won't. They don't care.

2in10, dfunkt, Namdynamo and 6 others repped this.
  15. Shiznizzle

Shiznizzle Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berhalters average MLS team has to play with effort. It cannot rely on talent or this is the result.

16. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't worry, once Adams gets healthy Greg can stick him at right back and all will be well.

TxEx, KicksNgiggles and maroonlaw repped this.
  17. 70runner

70runner Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Marching out MB90 for the WC failure encore should be the only evidence needed Berhalter isn't fit for this job.

TxEx, CeltTexan and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tooting my own horn, but there's a petition to get him fired here: http://chng.it/mGs9wdCY

It'd be neato if we could get a bunch of signatures, and maybe someone sees it?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. floydgator

floydgator Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 15, 2019
    You say that, but it's important to have some experience in these international fixtures. Without guys like Bradley and Tim Ream, we might struggle to beat teams like Canada.

Am I doing it right?

sXeWesley repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Why is he better than Klinsi?

21. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am totally for this... GB is beyond terrible.... but the players are pretty bad too.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  22. 70runner

70runner Member

Jun 21, 2007
    You have now qualified for the next USMNT coach candidate pool. Congrats!

Jumbalaya repped this.
  23. floydgator

floydgator Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 15, 2019
    He's not. At best, he's equally shitty. But what difference does it make? If we hired a mediocre coach at this point, it would be a massive upgrade. Why don't we try to hire a good one?

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He was our MLS Overlords' selection.

25. floydgator

floydgator Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 15, 2019
    :scansMLSrostersforplayerswhomightbeAmerican:
    I've got the lineup!