Finding accommodation

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Shearer9, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The offer is geniune.

akshay - from when to when do you need accommodation? Will you be travelling alone?

If so, then you are more than welcome to take the single room. My e-mail address is yolanda.leroux@gmail.com if you want to contact me directly.

2. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Very kind offer.
    There has been a few folks who have done the same.
    I feel it bodes well for the visiting fans that this is the case.World Cup fever brings out the best in people-especially the hosts

3. Yolanda

Yolanda New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Thanks --X--. South Africa is generally a friendly country and I am sure you will meet a lot of people who will help you where they can.

I am just sorry to see that you may have been ripped off and I really hope you find a way to recoupe your money!

4. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    Hi
    Me again!

Now all I need is to book Park and Walk for Rustenburg and Durban! Any websites as Ticketbreak doesn't sell them!

5. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just check but I think some of them are free or don't need a prepaid ticket. Can't find the link now @#$%

6. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    That makes 2 of us
    Its more the inconvenience of finding/booking again
    I wonder how many others were affected with 16 double/twin rooms?

7. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi,

I'm looking for accommodation for double:
    25/06 - 27/06 - Rustenburg
    27/06 - 30/06 - Johannesburg
    30/06 - 02/07 - Kruger Park
    02/07 - 04/07 - Johannesburg
    04/07 - 08/07 - Cape Town
    08/07 - 10/07 - Durban

Remark: I'm renting a car for whole period.

Thanks!

8. Grecian1904

Grecian1904 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hi, need some advice.

I arrive in SA at Jo'burg airport at about 08.30 am, and have tickets for a game 5 hours later (Holland-Denmark) at Soccer City. Haven't booked accomodation yet, 'cos I'm wondering what is the best plan and way to drop of my luggage and get to the game in good time. I assume I won't be out of the airport before 9/9.30, which only gives be 4 hours. Looked at airport hotels but very little available.
    Any suggestions?

9. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    you also need to allocate time to print your tickets from the ticket vending machines at the airport and if there is a long line, you could be in trouble! worse is if the machines break down due to the high load of incoming visitors printing their tickets at the airports upon arrival.
    get a nice guesthouse say in Melville area.. have them send you their shuttle to pick u up.. check in.. shower, brush, practice vuvzela, then have them drop u off at the Park&ride

10. DefTouch85

DefTouch85 New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Wow, thank you for this amazing offer! I have sent you an email.

11. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im looking for accommodation on June 11th for 2 nights in Rustenburg. Looking for a place with 2 beds - close as possible to the stadium

Price negotiable - have extra tickets to trade

PM with details

12. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You should rather find accommodation close to the game else you have to schlepp all the way back to the airport after the game.

I found this place in Jhb south - doesn't sound too bad and is on your route from the airpiort to soccer city.
    http://www.placesforafrica.com/winchesterlodge/

Other option is to stay at Gold reef city but room is R1400!!

Ask the lodge about their transport options - maybe they can fetch you or your bags.

13. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I have stayed there before....to those who can afford it, it is definately a good option.

14. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I am trying to find a place in Melville as well but they say everything is completely booked.

15. Yolanda

Yolanda New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I phoned a friend who has a garden cottage in Melville. It is available and she is happy to rent it out. She asked that you e-mail her (tanya@tokiso.com) to discuss the rates and periods.

Try to negotiate for lower rates if you stay for longer than a week or two (I think you mentioned before that you are looking for a place for longer than a month?)

I have stayed there before and it is a charming place with own kitchen, bathroom, cleaning services and secure parking if you have a car.

Hope it helps!

16. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks, Yolanda.

17. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    I'm in Durban for the semi final and need accommodation for the night before (6th) so I was wondering if there is any availability anyone has seen such as student dorms ...

18. Grecian1904

Grecian1904 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

19. Yolanda

Yolanda New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    For budget accommodation, look at http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/

Although it says Cape Town in the name you can find budget accommodation all over SA on this site. I had a look now and there are very reasonable options and most of the ads have photos.

20. Grecian1904

Grecian1904 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another plea for advice:

Am looking for one night's accomodation is Rustenburg (15th-16th June) but nothing seems available. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

21. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I wanted to give a good rap for a hotel ...

I booked 2 rooms at the Formula 1 in Milnerton, Cape Town at the special rate of 39 euros but the third room was only available at the higher rate.

The hotel just contacted me for payment and deliberately priced all 3 rooms at the lower rate.

I will be checking out this location and the Cape Town foreshore location next Monday.

Also, the new Road Lodge at Port Elizabeth Airport has rooms priced at just R 500 on the nights preceding a match. For those flying into P.E. the day before a game , this is really a good deal and convenient (though not so for night life).

22. PHX85339

PHX85339 New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I had to book an earlier flight than my mates traveling from the states. I arrive 14JUN, two day earlier than them. I am looking for Hostel accommodations near Ellis Park. What can you tell me of http://www.hostelsouthafrica.com/availability.php/HostelNumber.41608

at $45US per night for a bed that seems in a good location to football and evening events. is this differant than the tent village that I have read about?

What can i expect to pay for an airport transfer?

Any other lodging you might suggest?

thxs

23. Grecian1904

Grecian1904 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was looking at this place - and also arrive on the 14th. Anyone know how long would a transfer take?

24. Yolanda

Yolanda New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Rustenburg accommodation:

I found the following adds:

"we still have 2 rooms availible for soccer fans!. Guest house in Rustenburg availible for the soccer world cup , we still have places open for from the 11 of june - 11 july and beyond ! We qualify as a 4* guesthouse but not yet rated. Swimming pool, fireplaces , Free Sauna , Sunbed ect. Luxury accomodation and bed and breakfast. Please call for more info or mail roseredguesthouse@hotmail. com" See http://www.junkmail.co.za/v-johanne...YCatQX0003QYRgnQX0001QYAdQXF26446QYEdQX201022 for pics.

It is VERY expensive though - R2600.00 - I assume it is for the room and not per person.

Another 1:

"LUXURY ACCOMODATION IN RUSTENBURG FOR THE WORLD CUP AND AFTERWARDS. PLEASE MAIL US FOR QUOTE , WE HAVE FREE SAUNA AND GYM AND SUNBED AND OZONE MACHINE ON PREMICES AT EXTRA COST. BED AND BREAKFAST , TRANSPORT TO AND FROM AIRPORT AND SOCCER GAMES ARRANGED AT EXTRA COST. FOOD AND SHOPS NEARBY. HEATERS IN ALL ROOMS." - R1300

To contact them you will have to go to:

http://www.junkmail.co.za/v-pretori...YCatQX0003QYRgnQX0002QYAdQXF26724QYEdQX201022

25. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Stay in Pretoria or Joburg instead and bus it to the game?