Financial snippet on the Burn

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Andy_B, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer America reported in their most recent issue that the Dallas Burn save roughly $500,000 this year due to the move to Dragon Stadium.

This will account for the Burn losing about 45% less this year when compared to last.

I don't know what level the Burn were hoping to save by moving to Dragon but this certainly seems in the ball park to me.

Andy

2. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    math guy says:

that means the burn lost $1,111,111 in 2002.
    (is my math correct?)

at the time of the move, were they saying this would put them close to breaking even or just that this would help them? i can't remember if they actually said it.
    i do remember threads on here trying to figure out what attendance they needed to make a profit, and it looked pretty good. but this is a disappointment.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, that's at least one positive - the saving of $500,000 that is...but what it might cost in the loss of future attendance due to the alienation of a good portion of their fan base remains to be seen.

still, $500,000 is $500,000.

4. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    The fan base has been hurt by the move to Southlake. However, I believe the damage is temporary. Just wait till 2005. Not only will the Burn have a new stadium, but their financial success will be a blueprint for future success for MLS as a whole.

5. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    I think the plan was to save $500,000. Reports out of Dallas have it that they didn't save all that because of the low attendance at southlake.