Financial Problems

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ULL NEVER WALK ALONE, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well,it seems that liverpool have a big financial problem!!!I guess now its even more important to qualify for the 2nd round of the champions league for the extra $$$$$$ .Well,seems that we wont see more than 1 or 2 new faces coming in ,if there are any at all!!!!!I hope this problem wont affect the planing of the new stadium!!

http://liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N146624041105-1224.htm

2. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    mostly because of players contracts and getting rid of Houllier(10 mil for him and his staff). we slashed some of the debt by qualifying for the Champions league. if we get to the round of 16 we get some more $$. if we make the semifinals we get more $$. which would probably bring the debt down very small.

We made 8 mil pounds for Owen,

and about 8 mil pounds for all the rest of our misfits.

10 million Euros for Xabi, 5 for Garcia, 2 for Josemi

the debt will go down. Benitez will be given some $$ in January to sign a striker, so don't worry. It won't be much $$ though. probably 5 mil at most.

3. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ut,do we really need to risk it???i mean , it will be really,really hard to find a quality player for 5 million!!why not just keep the money and try to really buy a quality player when the summer transfer window opens???Yeah ,the club realy depend on the team !if we get far,then everything will be godd,but what if we dont????

4. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    risk what? Parry said there is money because they got investments during the summer. 5 mil to try to make about 35 mil? I'll take that risk. and I am not a gambler. We'll have a striker. But Parry's statement i think it mught be more than 5 Mil.

5. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah ,but u didnt answer the question,where can we find a quility player for 5 million???It will be useless to bring a player that will only be backup for Baros and Cisse next year???the only way i see liverpool progressing is accepting Morgans bid of around 100 million pound to have a stake at the club!that money could not only be used to buy player ,but to finance the new stadium aswell!

6. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. Thai? Morgan? just get a big $$ investor soon. Who is this David Villa guy from Real Zaragoza anyway?

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well, the only thing i know is that he is used to be a spanish U 21 international.Dont know alot about him,but i dont think hell come!He sholud now be about 24 yrs old , 1'75 m. / 69 Kg.Dont know,kinda small,right!if anyone does come in,i would love to see some U-18 or U-21 international,u never know,they could find the future stars!!!

8. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    His retort to links between him and Liverpool was wonderful: "I can't speak English and I don't like the Beatles. I'm staying here." :D

With regard to the financial issues, it pays to note that in amongst all that stuff about "record losses" it is also announced that we have reduced our real debt from nearly £19m to nearer £15m in the financial period to which this financial report relates. So overall, the club is better off than it was a year ago, despite the interim losses incurred. And, as has been mentioned, we did that whilst not in the Champions League.