Final: USA - Japan | 17.07.11 [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by Bonnie Lass, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vielen danke, both of you. ;)

2. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Can you do one with a Nadeshiko uniform? That would be awesome. Please?

3. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of Friday 2011/07/15: (data from MSN Money)

AAPL 364.92 +7.15 +2.0% (since 2010/07: +46.02%)
    [​IMG]

SNEJF 27.17 =0.00 =0.0% (since 2010/07: +1.38%)
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer: The author of this article blew his entire summer savings on Apple at 334.04 :D

4. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I just saw this. Brilliant stuff! :)

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, are you Korean? Your PRK lass is quite the busty beauty...

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  7. Dr 7

Dr 7 New Member

Jun 15, 2011
    This is cool Hachiko.Thanks.

may the tears turn to joy in 4 years as the chase for the 3rd star is on :D

[​IMG]

8. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    when you read this, you'd love to see japan win, but on the other hand, with the drama of this cup and draw the usa came from and how they got through it with late goals against brasil and france, the usa winning might win another year for the wps and expansion, which long term could give the wps a 10 yr life and going like the wnba.

i have to go with the usa, because only a couple of willing owners have been behind it.

the world has been behind japan.

9. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    That's one sentence I'd never expect to come from you of all people. :eek: Must be some awesome authors.

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Haha! I don't think he hates Japan so much as he's just not convinced that they can pull it off. But the world outside of bigsoccer.com is definitely behind Japan. I know of people, who are tuning into tomorrow just to cheer Japan and these aren't soccer fanatics by any stretch.

I may avoid the match so I won't jinx Team Japan. :)

11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you're correct as usual. no dislike at all, just the yahoos jumping on the bandwagon and being japan football experts since the qtrs vs germany. only one user on this board at the beginning of the tournament picked them to make it to the finals, one!

but be warned, a-rod may not start, and that could be a bad omen for the usa. pia is trying to get added to my bonehead coaching list.

1 lima
    2 powell
    3 bruno
    4 rozo - fool benched rincon and completely killed the confidence of a 17yr old on a team of 17 yr olds. what's the pt?

12. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Pia is going to have to work real hard to eek her way into that list. Nothing gets more bonehead than those jokers above. LOL.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well even AFTER the quarterfinal win over Germany, you were saying that in the semifinal with Sweden:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23840752#post23840752

"oh, i like them to get past japan, given japan will hold and look for the lucky late counter like the germany game"

Instead, it was a Japan blow-out.

But maybe you never saw their win over Germany.

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Where do you get that idea ?

We had our poll here and FIVE posters (7.7%) selected Japan as a finalist.

And that was more than chose Sweden or France, who almost made it.

15. jrolo

jrolo New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    niceee

erza for canadaa!!

16. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    I think this is going to be a great advertisement for women's football. Japan can be Barcelona on occasion, possession-wise, and it'll be up to us to disrupt that. Scoring first would be a good thing, and I'd give A-Rod a half to put one in the ole onion bag, then sub her out for Morgan in the second half. Hopefully Lloyd will be better here than she was against France. May the odds be ever in your favor, Team USA. 22-0-3 won't matter once 2:45PM rolls around.

Bring that damned Cup home. :D

17. Bakes

Bakes Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    These are very good... great job. Some more ethnic variety would have been nice... but that's just nitpicking.

18. police

police New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I think those manga style posters are produce in the Japanese anime fashion. If you'd ever seen anime, you would know even the foreign(Euro-American) characters will have a Asian resemblance in them. It's their particular style of drawing. An character readily identifiable as a black/white person would actually seem out of place.

19. Andy Zilis

Andy Zilis Member+

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochelle, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you actually watch their win over Sweden? That was hardly a blowout. They had to come from behind, and without two key goalkeeper mistakes by Sweden in the 2nd half, that's a 1-1 game. Granted, they did very well to finish those chances, but do you really expect similar mistakes in the final?

I'm certainly not writing off Japan, given how well they've done to get to the final, but I just don't see them being able to break down the American defense without the help of some timely mistakes. It took them something like 110 minutes to score against Germany on one of their only legitimate scoring opportunities of the game, and even then, the goalkeeper probably should have saved the shot.

20. Bakes

Bakes Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Familiar enough with Anime and Manga to appreciate the characteristics of the genre... seen enough of them to have actually seen "black" looking characters. He actually tried to give the Nigerian girl some color which was kinda cool, lol

I couldn't tell the Colombianas and Brasilenhas from the Swedes though. But as I said, minor quibble.

It baffles me how so many people have been up Lindahl's ass about those two goals. The only mistake she made in my book was on the Sawa goal. Unless the argument is that she should have done better on the Kawasumi' equalizer in in 19'. On Kawasumi's second she did the right thing by coming out, unfortunately her clearance just fell to Kawasumi who scored the goal of the tournament (with all due respect to Hammarstrom).

21. police

police New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I'd say 90% of goals in soccer, especially women's soccer are scored on mistakes or bad referee decisions. Wambach's tying goal in the waning seconds was because of a goalie mistake. Sweden scored their one on Sawa's mistake. Both of England's goals and the goal scored by NZ against Japan were goalie and defensive mistakes. Without mistakes, yeah, you can say Japan should have won every much with a clean slate.

Everybody's going to make mistakes, just ask Hope Solo. I will go out on a limb and say every goal tomorrow will be because of some sore of defensive mistake. Both team will get their share of opportunities off mistakes. The one left standing is going to be the team who seizes those opportunities the best.

22. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    I.can't.sleep.

23. Racomando

Racomando Member

Celtic and Rangers
    Jun 27, 2011
    The World
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    Tonga
    Tis how Barca and Spain does it.

24. Racomando

Racomando Member

Celtic and Rangers
    Jun 27, 2011
    The World
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    Tonga
    But then again. ANY goal in this sport is due to some sort of lapse of judgement.

25. police

police New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Do any of you see any resemblance between this year's final and last year's Men's final? Japan resembles Spain; the US, Holland. :eek: