Final round draw

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Forza AZ, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    No avoiding here

I WANT France and Italy in the Netherlands group.

I still want to see a France/Netherlands match with both teams playing their first team. Therefore, it must be the first or second game in group play. Better that this happens in the final, but this way I know I get to see it.

Italy is all about revenge. I still haven't gotten over that f***** semifinal in 2000. Memo to Advocaat: please don't let Kluivert take any spot-kicks. An early goal for the Dutch to make the Italians come out and play, then some fun.

Either way, can't wait 'til next summer!

2. magic38

magic38 New Member

Re: No avoiding here

would be great...
    the France vs Netherlands in 2000 was a good game and the atmosphere @ the arena was excellent

3. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    As an England fan Im hoping for Sweden or Portugal from Pot A, Russia from C and Greece from D. That is a group we hopefully would win (anti-england people note the word HOPEFULLY). England, when at there best should be able to beat anyside the portuguese field.

4. JoniP

JoniP New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Oporto, Portugal
    As a portuguese fan I also would like to get England it's always a great premonition like in the 1986 world cup or the 2000 euro...
    Two victories on the first round!

5. csh2000

csh2000 New Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Chicago
    I have tickets to three games in the group phase:
    A1 (Portugal) vs. A3
    B1 vs. B3
    D1 vs. D3

Two questions:
    1. Am I correct that I will see two of the following three teams (the seeds drawn into the "1" position in each group):
    France
    Sweden
    Czech Republic

2. And that their three opponents are pretty much open to any of the other 12 teams?

6. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    You're right. The teams from Pot A will be drawn in B1, C1 and D1. For the other pots it's not known in which position they will be drawn. For example, Netherlands are in Pot C but they aren't certain of being A3, B3, C3 or D3. It can also be another position.