FINAL 23

Discussion in 'England' started by essie, Apr 28, 2016.

1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Which game are you talking about?

2. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    The Germany game, where Dier and Henderson played deeper, and not Alli. It didn't seem as a diamond, rather 4-2-3-1, the Telegraph had that formation wrong.

Jenks repped this.
  3. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ESPN had that same formation too. Do you mean deeper as in LCM or CDM? I've been implying it as LCM/RCM.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Who bets Woy tries to find room for Ox and Walcott?

5. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Dier and Hendo CDM, Alli as AMC, or something like that. Though against lesser teams perhaps we can afford Alli playing deeper, I agree with that.

6. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's hard to see it, but out of the two I'd pick Ox because he's more dynamic than Theo.

7. TheOwlFace

TheOwlFace Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio
    Neither will go. He'll pick Townsend after he scores a hattrick vs Villa on Saturday:)

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    By this time next week the squad will be announced. It's also odd because how is Hodgson going to know if Henderson will be at all fit enough? Does it also mean he has ruled out Luke Shaw.

Hodgson will likely pick 6 or 7 standby options. Don't really agree with this could just pick a 30 man squad and cut it later. Likely Hodgson standby options - Heaton or Foster, Phil Jones, Gibbs, Drinkwater, Walcott, Townsend, Lingard, Carrick.

9. TheOwlFace

TheOwlFace Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio
    I'm not saying you're wrong but in what world is Gibbs a better left full than say Cresswell. Also Phil Jones is currently getting the run around at U21 level, God help us if we've to call upon him. Noble should be ahead of Carrick. Why can't we just pick squads on current form!

10. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
  11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I don't agree with all of that but regardless I was picking what I think Hodgson would do. If he hasn't called up certain options by now I would be shocked to see it happen at this stage. Anything is possible though.

12. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Ox , Walcott , Chambers and Wilshere have all gone the same way..
    Plagued by injuries and left on the bench. They were promising talents but dont seem to have gone to the next level... something is clearly wrong with the setup at Arsenal.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    And you can say Gibbs as well.

14. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    And yet Wilshere is still out best CM in my view. Speaks to a wider problem I think.

15. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Vardy has been unreal this year. His movement and finishing are what you need at international level..

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  17. TheOwlFace

TheOwlFace Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio