FINAL 2007: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by efernandez9, Jul 12, 2007.

1. msatlin

msatlin New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Re: FINAL: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

Haven't read all the posts, but some thoughts.
    Wow! I don't think anyobdy expected that scoreline. Brazil thoroughly deserving. That 3rd goal was such great counter-attacking.
    It seems that Argentina kept trying to go through the middle. I think they would have benefited from more wide play.
    For what it's worth, that "goal" by Messi was NOT offside. It came off the Brazilian defender (Alex?), then the Argentine who was in offside position, then came to Messi (who was on-side the whole time). I guess it doesn't matter. It would have just been a consolation goal. A bang-bang play that is tough for the arbitro.
    Have you ever seen a team committ so many fouls and win 3-0?

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Perhaps, but when they did play wide they chose to cross high and Brazil handled all of those easily.
    The fact that it hit Alex is irrelevant since he never played the ball. I don't know if Messi was off or not, but if the other guy was, then it's offside (Alex would have to play the ball to negate it, but the other guy only has to gain an advantage, not actually play the ball).

3. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan

This is just utterly embarrassing for Argentina.

All the best players at their disposal while Brazil is devoid of 2 superstars in Kaka and R10.

Than again apart for Messi and Tevez, there aren't any extremely talented Argie players that would have made much of a difference in this match.

4. Me_XMan

Me_XMan New Member

May 6, 2007

Oh man that really hurts Argentina side.
    Star-studded team can't beat Brazil B-team.

5. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil

was offside, he ball touch alex, and after that, touch the argentine player, and goes to messi that already in offside position.

6. sanish

sanish New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Singapore

congrats to Brazil, but dipressing for argentina...:( ..

7. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Though I still dont think V.Love deserves starter status we gotta give him credit that he hustled like a trick on 42nd street!! He's like the Bebeto to Robinho's Romario!!!

I always had faith in Baptista as he's one of my favorite players and if that roody-poo Schuster(who I think's gonna be WORST than Capello) cant find use for him at Madrid than I'm quite sure he wont have any problems finding a club!!

8. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Argentina forgot how they have played their previous games.
    There is still a mistery if this was because of brasil strategy,but I didn't see that.
    I only saw argentina played so bad,as bad as they could.
    I guess they had other things in their mind today,completely unprofessional.
    There is some weight they are carrying on when they play the bigger games,and I guess is because the history is always against us.
    Doesn't matter what team brasil brought to the cup,argentina could've had a beating by ANYONE today because the way they played.
    To discuss much about brasil is pointless,is not the defintive team for the future.
    Same goes for argentina.

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

people who did not follow your advice are probably rich by now.

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

he had argie teachers!!! :lol:

seriously, this is a south american shame.

Goalkeepers wasting time, players diving and objects throwing in the field.

The Copa Libertadores matches are full of it. It sucks. Argie and Uruguaian teams are expert on all 3. Brazilians are not far behind. When will we south americans stop complaining about the teams/clubs from other S.American countries and admit and face the problems and boo our own players when they do this shit?

11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

U-17 is not C squad. If it was, then it would be D squad, since the B squad would be the U20.

12. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

exactly, we forcebly retired our older experienced players, after the WC2006 fiasco.

Players who wont be playing in 2010 have no place in the brazilian team anymore. Thats why Zé Roberto and Juninho Pernambucano are not playing either.

13. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I have to ask... did the Argies do it on purpose????

I can only think this was part of a malific Argie plan, thinking on the future of Brazilian football.

Dunga sucks. Period. The team played BAD ALL the Copa America matches, because the other teams throw some opposition (with exception of Chile). Wagner Love sucks. Doni sucks. Elano sucks. Half of the team sucks. Dunga was playing an entire team of VOLANTES, a despised position.

Dunga had the rope on its neck for the bad football displayed. Argentina would hang him and brazilians would be happy. We were already conformed that we would lose the final. At least Dunga would be gone.

But no. The argies play pathetic football. They played AWESOMELY the entire tournament. Comes the last game, they play bad, and dont even FIGHT BACK!

Riquelme... played horribly. If Riquelme had played that bad in the Libertadores finals, Grêmio would be the champ :( :( , but no... against Grêmio Riquelme had to play that well...

And now... Dunga gained an afterlife. He will not be fired. It can only be some devious plot from the argies. They lost the Copa America so Brazil will fail another World Cup... or maybe fail to qualify for the first time ever to the World Cup. With Dunga as a coach, we WILL FAIL TO QUALIFY.

This false victory over an weak willed Argentina will MESMERIZE AND FOOL US BRAZILIANS!!! We will think our team and coach are good and when we finaly realize the sad true, that BOTH SUCKS, it will be too late and Brazil wont qualify for 2010.

14. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Because it was a stupid move at the time.

Nobody bought toyota stock in the 50's.Wasn't worth it.
    Who would've thought??
    Those that didn't follow the advice must be rich by now.
    Now go ahead,buy stock for the underdogs and see how rich you get.
    he he
    I bet you are not capable of doing that.(I guess you didn't bet on mexico winning,right?)

Not even dunga did,he washed his hands when he mentioned argentina was the favorite,who could've blame him for loosing?
    Even YOU can't believe it,by reading this last post of yours,he he
    But everything worked on his favor this time.

You should read post #7 of this thread,maybe have a better view about someone's point of view.

15. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

obviously, I would have bet on Argentina. I would also bet on you in a championship of people without sense of humor. You would win it by a large margin.

anyway, I dont bet, but I guess you should always bet on the underdog. You win much more money, although the risk is bigger of course.

seriously, knowing it was Brazil vs Argentina... even if Brazil is not that good... and Argentina WAS that good... and everybody was betting on Argentina... I would take a chance and bet in Brazil... because there was still a margin for winning, and the profits would be big.

Mexico is not an underdog against Brazil. And it seems, Brazil is never an underdog aingast Argentina. Mexico ALWAYS gives Brazil bad headaches, whenever we play them, and any brazilian knows that.

If you are talking about Mexico vs Uruguay, Mexico was the favorite.

I never believed it. I just dont give betting advices. :)

16. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Nah,there is some people that just like after-facts patronizing.
    There is no risk on that. (they say : see?? i told you ,but only come out to say it when is convenient)
    I will always point to bettors (which is what i was doing when you caught this out-of context quote from me,wasn't betting myself,care to read?) who I see is the best to win.
    Sometimes it doesn't happen.Not always the best win.
    We know a lot about this lately.(specially when we helped it by playing bad)
    I have a lot of humor,he he.
    Problem is when you want to laugh alone.(which is not humor,but and offensive remark)
    Futbol is not drama for me,and this thing that just happen make people like me like futbol a lot more.
    Still,is a lot easier to laugh in a winning situation,which is also a no-risk.

This make me remember that some people never laugh,he he
    They need to.

""Mexico is not an underdog against Brazil""
    Who was talking about mexico brasil?? I was referring to mexico argentina.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

haahah

I made it 1k on this game

18. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Good for you,gaucho.
    Lucky man !!!
    he he

19. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I don't know why people continue to say this is Brazil's 'B' or 'C' team????? The only players that were missing was Ronaldinho, Kaka, Lucio and maybe maybe Adriano. This Brasilian team that won was basically the same that beat Argentina at Wembly. This is the team the Dunga constintly picks with the exception of the 3 that I mentioned above.

Congrats Brasil, I was one of the few going for you in my household.

not matter what Brasil will always be Brasil.

20. Townclose

Townclose Member

May 29, 2005

Throughout the whole match, the Brazilian midfield fouled/tackled Riquelme. Riquelme was never allowed to dictate the pace of the game, or impose Argentina's style. The same happened to Messi, there were always two brazilians ready to tackle him on the wings.

Argentina looked one dimensional. Their primary outlets were Riquelme, Messi or Tevez. Brazil defended againt these three players and limited Argentina's attack.

Well done Brazil.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

They are not saying it's our 2nd team, they are saying that's the grade they give them :p

"Brazil Grade C !!! "

22. Corintiano

Corintiano New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brazil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

This is deffenetly not our "A" team, in fact i don´t even know what would that be nowadays.

Certainly it was not our "B" team either, at least not in the fashion of last Copa America, when we won over argentina on penalty kicks. At that time Brasil annonuced that we would use our "B" team to play.

Enough said, i would say this was our B+ team. Our A team today should have: Adriano, Juninho Pernambucano, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Even Ronaldo Buchudo. That what Argentina had to do to put some talent in the field: to use the old boyz. We have the luck to be quite more plural in this game, thanks argentina for such a great sunday.

23. BuzzSawAndDynamo

BuzzSawAndDynamo New Member

Jul 9, 2007

Argentina's been my team since 1994. And unless we win this upcoming World Cup, we'll become England and Spain. Underachievers. :confused: We have so much talent. Although this current crop seems to freeze when the big moment comes. Messi played like a little child. I'm afraid we'll have to wait till 2014 WC before he can lead the team to victory. Riquelme needs to either play and play in every game, or go away. Way too inconsistent.

24. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES

soo many things went wrong durin this game.
    from start to end it was plain bad.

25. apollo_1444

apollo_1444 Red Card

Apr 11, 2007
    mexico

it doesn't matter if it was the "b" or "a" or even "c" squad between brazil and argentina theres a strech of over a mile, which is the same between argentina and mexico so stop crying and just take it like a man.