Filomeno Article

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by mutinywxgirl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
  2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx for the link, Lisa. Too bad you're not able to be here for the Reserve's Final! Hope all's well with the P's.

GM

3. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I was explaining to mom last night (during halftime) that if I hadn't moved home, I would be ON the field for the game instead of watching it on the computer. That's when my father chimed in and asked me if I was happy to be home. Of course, I said yes. Ahhhh, the sacrifices we must make for our families. Someone needs to update on here the results of the reserve match! Do some serious screaming for me, please.

They are okay, thanks for asking! Only problem is that mom has lost even more mobility since March. It's sad, but nice to be able to help out, even if just a small bit.

BTW - you're welcome for the link. :D

4. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    How can DCU add a new player (Filomeno) to the roster when the rosters of all teams were to be closed to that since last august.

Is this guy only allowed to play on the resrve squad til next year.

What is the story!

5. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    He was signed on the final day of the transfer season pending him acquiring a work permit. It finally came in last week, thus making his signing official. Before that, reports said we signed a "soon to be named" player.

6. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I believe he was already on the roster by the freeze date, but they had to wait for the clearances to come through and for him to get healthy. Sometimes clearances can take a long time, along with proper work papers and stuff like that.

7. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Good find... Let's hope he gets plenty more press in the coming season and that he can really hit stride with the boys.

paz,

a