Figo?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by twh3, Jul 5, 2005.

1. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    oh well. madrid are mean people... ruthless and downright MEAN!
    ok anyway, i have created a poll on where you guys think figo will land up, so just take a peek won take too much of you guy's time.

http://www.pollmonkey.com/p.asp?U=745321987

2. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Figo d-day tomorrow. His agent said he is closer to joining Liverpool today than he was yesterday. Decision on Thursday.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Do you have a link? I have heard anything about Figo and Liverpool in a few days.

4. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Figo news by Friday
    I guess it is Friday and not Thursday.

5. Xerxus

Xerxus New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    In a Palace
    Figo's wages seem to be too burdensome (6 mil) for Inter and they seem to be backing down. I read it today on skysports.com

6. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
  7. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  8. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "I have given my availability: Inter know my demands but it knows also that there are other teams who have contacted me."

"It"?.

Hmmm - that doesn't sound like a quote made up by someone who doesn't know their arse from their elbow at all.

Tribalfootball is surely the worst site for football info this side of Koptalk.

9. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    hmm. i wont believe that figo is going to inter till its official on either the madrid web or inter web

10. SiriuslyCold

SiriuslyCold Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    "it" sounds like a google / altavista translator software result

11. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    As of right now Inter don't have enough cash to purchase Figo. But a couple of nonreliable websites suggest that they are going to offload Davids and Van der Meyde to Everton to generate some funds. However, that is going to take more than a few days to negotiate. And with Figo's agent announcing that his future will be sorted out by the end of the week....who knows.

12. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I think he'd be a very useful addition, I hate to see us beg for him or be used as a vehicle for Figo to jack up his price with Inter.

13. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I keep on reading this thread and all i hear is Monday no Tuesday nah maybe Wednesday OK Thusday probably final decision on Friday leaving out Saturday where Figo only thinks about his wife and Sunday when He goes to church.
    Figo will be agreat deal just he needs to know if he wants the liverpool jersey he needs to seal the deal not much i am asking for he is a proven bench warmer with the galacticos :rolleyes: nah a great player.

14. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Well...the longer this takes the more you have to favor him moving to Inter.

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    He might be pulling a "kewell" on us to avoid going to Lithuania. :p

16. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    You know when you take the cursor over the green nipple it used to say for me ''never walk alone TPK'' is on a distinguished road and now the bummer says he is an unknown quantity rubbish.

17. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    figo used to be on a distinguished road, but he's an unknown quantity.

see, it fits perfectly! :D

18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Watched Real playing "with" Galaxy last night. I caught the second half anyway. Figo came on at about 60 minutes, not a lot of competition but he didn't look terrible. Prem backs might give him some trouble though. I hope we get to see him work that one out. Real were cruising and Galaxy never gave up trying but it was entertainment.

Saw the same sort of thing on Wed. My wife, bless her little cotton socks, gave me 2 tickets to the Sounders Sunderland match. It's good for the game over here and a good night out.

19. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously OT but MiniLB and I are going to see DC United play Chelski on Thursday. National TV on ESPN2. WE have first row one section off center behind the goal. I am hoping to get this sign up:

Tickets to Fedex $25
    Beer and hot dog: $78.63
    Yelling Wanker at the Special One: Priceless

20. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
  21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Priceless...:)
    Those $40 beers are good though. Getting too close to the end of the month for the hotdogs.

22. Crown Paints

Crown Paints New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Barnsley
    yeah im glad he is staying at Real now. We dont want someone who is just coming to sit back and relax (Kewell)

23. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    I'm glad he's not comeing, it looked great on paper but i don't think it would have worked.

24. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    hmm. i am not sure if i should be happy or sad. oh well, at least he has a place somewhere. not some aimless soul.

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You don't know Figo. Unlike the rest of the ever-lazy Real group Figo plays his hardest and shows up for all practices and appearances the team mandates. You would of loved him in Liverpool, I know I would.