Figo?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by twh3, Jul 5, 2005.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Yet he is listed in today's AS, Madrid in Real's team for the tour to America and Asia. :rolleyes: FU Real. :mad:

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20050710&xref=20050710dasdasftb_5&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbA00

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My god the Spanish are such bitches when it comes to Figo. Barca is still pissed that he left after he gave them the La Liga title it took them another 6 years and another Portuguese 9Deco) to get them another. But they gave Ronaldinho all the credit :rolleyes:

R.M was dying to get rid of Figo because they were tired of having a superstar who actually worked hard every game for them but as soon as the European champs get intrested Real turns into a little kid with a ball who sucks, he picks it up and goes home upset while everyone else stands there confused.

3. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    i just dont understand real madrid. they are just trying to make out the most of even the most minor stuff. They are like preventing him from moving to ANY club! what is their problem?!?!? figo does not deserve this kind of treatment, he deserves respect and a standing ovation for 5 full years of dedication and consistency not this kind of stupid sense of treatment and cold shoulder! the only reason i support real madrid is because he is there if not begone with real.

4. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't they in debt about a Kazillion Euros? That might explain their actions. ;^)

5. fado

fado New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Toronto
    Hey all this is my first post so be nice. I found this site by accident and after reading the various forums for several weeks I decided to join.

I've gotta say that I don't understand those Liverpool fans who wouldn't relish having Figo. Yeah, he's older and may not have the same pace, but anyone with half a brain that watched him play with Real in the early part of the season would have to admit that he was their hardest working player and one of their best if not the best on most nights. I've no doubt that his work ethic and skill will win over those who feel he's over the hill. I'd easily place Zidane and god forbid, Beckham as players who did far less than Figo last year. There's more than just age and pace at work here.

6. lfcfan858

lfcfan858 New Member

May 19, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Has anyone seen this yet?

From the BBC:
    Figo, who has one year left on his Real deal, was expected to leave the Bernabeu on a free transfer.

But the Spanish club now appear to want a fee and Benitez said: "It will be very difficult to sign Luis.

"That move is getting more and more complicated and we have told Madrid that we are now looking elsewhere for possibilities in that position."​

I'm glad Rafa is standing his ground on this. I would love Figo on our side, but it seems a little weak imo that Madrid is reneging on the initial talks about this transfer.

Also, any guesses on who the other "possibilities" might be for right wing?

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Figo should buy his way out of Real by now. Only then can he negotiate to his best interest.

8. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
    i'm pretty sure they are not.

as far as figo is concerned, why doesn't liverpool pay the alleged 2 mil that real wants?
    figo is certainly worth more than that, even at such a late stage in his career.

also, what the previsou poster said makes a lot of sense. why doesn't he pay his way out? then he can do whatever he wants.

also, inter is showing interest:
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...le=Inter+enter+Figo+chase&channel=premiership

if i were benitez i would pay the 2 mil. secure him. and forget about it

9. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Figo should put up the measley 2 mill its chumk change to him. If he really is dreaming of being a liverpool player that bad.

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Welcome, hope you enjoy the boards.

Me neither - I have two words for them: Gary and McAllister.

11. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. This is the kind of well skilled older player that can have an extremely positive influence on players and games. Heck, one free kick like Macca's against the Bitters would be a decent return.

I still think this will happen as Figo seems to want it and if we play hard ball it'll play out to our advantage.

12. SiriuslyCold

SiriuslyCold Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    I guess the point is moot now, but I don't really know what sort of attitude Figo is going to have if he did come. Gary Mac's was spot on and worked fine. If Figo acted like a primadonna we'd have another liability

13. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    figo is professional. he will take this opportunity to prove to the fans that he live up to his expectations. i still feel that there will some how still be a transfer between figo and liverpool. I HOPE!!!!!! *crosses fingers* figo will try to talk real out of it. i will i am confident.

14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Going out on a bit of a limb here, but I think Figo will be a Liverpool player by the start of the Premiership.

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I hope so....but then I said that about Kewell..!

I actually watched Gary McAllistair AND Gordon Strachan tonight playing for Leeds and "against" Liverpool for Leeds in the 1992 Charity Shield match. Fun to watch.

16. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    IMO 30% chance of that happening. I think Inter have to be considered firm favorites. They can offer Real more money and Figo's girlfriend will have more opportunities for modeling work.

17. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Sport from Barcelona is reporting that Figo is a done deal with Inter. :mad:

He will leave for free ... and not only that, but Real will pay 3 million (1/2) of his salary this year. All this for Inter to buy Samuel for 18 million Euros. This added to solari's move to Inter without any fees either. :rolleyes:

According to Sport, Ernesto Bronzetti (Real's agent in Italy) flew yesterday to Milan to complete the deal.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=226738&idseccio_PK=616&h=050712

18. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Well I think Sidney Govou is next in line then......

19. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gary with hair and Gordon with a mullet -- own goal a scream :D

20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    :D:D It took Gordon 3 touches to get it in, most strikers don't get that many touches..!

21. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
  22. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Today is the d-day for Figo. On Thursday Real leave for the States. If Figo is on that plane then it is almost certain that he will be staying at Madrid.

23. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    when i real madrid going on their tour? exact date?

24. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of reports today that this isn't dead yet. I think that Rafa knows how to call the Real bluff.

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wife, unless he's got something on the side ;)