Figo on his way to the EPL?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PAUL SILVA, Feb 12, 2005.

1. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  2. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretty dumb on Real Madrid's part in my opinion. Figo this season has been arguably their best player. I think he can do well in the EPL.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I would love to see Figo in red :cool:

I think either Benfica, Porto or Sporting could spread out the 10 million euros

4. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You will NEVER see him wear red in Porugal, I will tell you that for sure. I certainly hope that he true to his word and has his swan song with Sporting. Heck, we even have his #7 reserved for him...

5. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    The Liverpool Rumor would be a good fit for him.

6. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Liverpool could use a classy playmaker like Figo...these are desperate times for 'Pool fans :eek:

7. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Just watched the Liverpool game and they looked lost out there they definetely could of used a playmaker. Birmingham won 2 zip

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    how about 10 million euros? we could send you Nuno Assis

9. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think if he does decide to go to the EPL it's going to be a big mistake on his part, i just don't see him keeping up with the pace of the epl with his old legs :eek:

10. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    I still think when push comes to shove he will play in Manchester Next year

11. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Figo has been one of the best players in Real Madrid this year. He has shown class with all of the adversery he has had to deal with.

Too bad RM isn't realizing that this gentlemen still has a lot of heart and can still play well. But then again they have a crowded team with a lot of players that can fill the positions. The truth is that Figo's position, while at first was filled pretty good by Zidane, lately there's notbody who's played as well as Figo.

Let his go to MU and play alongside C. Ronaldo. I'm sure that he can teach the young lad a couple of things, get the young lad to be double teamed and score some more goals.

I doubt you will see him play in Portugal. The teams can't afford him!

12. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I am also seeing him in Manchester United next season, they already have Giggs and Ronaldo for the wings but Figo is Figo at the age of 32 he still can get a place at any team of the world, his only problem this summer is to pick the next team to play.

13. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I believe Carlos Queiroz wants Figo at Manchester United.
    But at 32, I don't think Ferguson will try to bring Figo to Old Trafford.
    Ferguson should have his sights on getting a world class keeper and getting a young player to replace Giggs. That would be awesome to see though...Cristiano Ronaldo and Figo on the same field again.

I think Figo will end up in Liverpool, or in the Serie A.

14. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No doubt it would be challenging for him, but it's not like La Liga is a slow man's game. Figo still makes some great runs out there.

15. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    He still has one more year on his contract. MU would never sign him, however Arsenal could. He has allways wanted to play in the EPL, but you'll only see him there for a year. Personally I see him playing his last year with Sporting. He wouldn't EVER play for anyone else in Portugal, but Sporting. I spoke to him about this, and he said "My heart is allways with Sporting".

16. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    You spoke to him about this? What do you call him on weekends?

17. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    is he a sportinguista?cuz i thought he was a portista?o well but which one is he?

18. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sportinguista.

19. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Yes, one and a half years ago.

20. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    From Portugal he only watches Sporting games.

21. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think that Real will let him go over the summer, if anything to recoup some cash on a transfer and not lose him for nothing in 2006. He is 32, and I think he will play abroad for 2 more seasons before coming back to Portugal. For anyone who thinks he will play in Portugal for anyone else besides Sporting, you are dead wrong. It would be like Rui Costa coming back and playing for FC Porto :eek: It ain't gonna happen...