Fight in the River End a disgrace tonight

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by aztec21bas, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mansbro

mansbro Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hatboro, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this in the "Stub Hub" thread as well but figured it would be info for here as well since it directly relates.

The current discussion aside I wanted to post this information to re-highlight the fact that we DO have an issue with with brokers selling tickets int he RE:

The people that began the fight that occurred last Friday were sitting in the seats of a SoB member who sold his 5 seasons tickets on a broker service all season. That person has now had his seats revoked by the team and will have his membership in SoB pulled. This is not a one off case of someone giving tickets to their friend and having something happen. This was someone actively engaged in the resale of RE seats.

2. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Thanks, Matt. There are a bunch of seats like this, and I'm glad we started to make a down payment. I really don't care if a STH sells every single match on Stubhub and gets 500 bucks a ticket, as long as these seats aren't in TRE.

With great power comes great responsibility.

3. Sasquatch672

Sasquatch672 Member

May 11, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To quote my drill instructor, Michael C. Slaughter, Sergeant, United States Marine Corps: "Aa-hah..."

4. USRoverDE

USRoverDE Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who died and made you president! Oh...

5. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Section 134... a disgrace tonight

This all once again showcases why Weed should be legalized, that people drink way to much before & during sporting events & Free Beer Movement will always have more negatives then positives. EVERYONE that drinks to get shitfaced before games need to GROW THE ******** UP! Is this the last ever time you will have a beer?! I highly doubt it. Meanwhile, Im the guy watching the games at home smoking reefer.

Sounds like there from ASWHO.

6. AndyPace_SoB

AndyPace_SoB Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Levittown
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Section 134... a disgrace tonight

My eyes are never not red before a home match. Except that one time. But who's counting.

1 person likes this.
  7. The Baron

The Baron New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from what I saw, showing up after half time, the game on the field was shit. if there was a fight, which there was, it would have been the most exciting thing that happened in the stadium until the 90th minute.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.

additionally what ever was going on the chants were shit. tre was asleep.

public service announcement: I did not read all how ever many pages of prior posts and I do not plan on becoming involved in this discussion so please respond and tell me how much you disagree.

8. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the 100000000000000000000000000000% humidity had a lot to do with all three of the things mentioned above.

9. bluetooner

bluetooner Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Carteret NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

You sir, are an asshole. Of course, you won't know i told you that, oh well.

10. DickyDunn

DickyDunn Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Well, I guess we can add 137 to the mix now.

Can anyone tell me why people think it's acceptable to throw objects on the pitch?

Never seen it at the Phils. Never seen it at the Eagles. Never seen it at a Flyers game. Maybe it's part of supporter culture I just don't know about.

The idiot who threw the beer tonight wasted at least $8 on a beer. Soaked the people in front of him. He also apparently got away with it.

Way to go people for not identifying the thrower. Way to "police ourselves." If you see something, say something. No one's going to think less of you. Be a god damn grown up for the love of christ.

Three objects in two matches. Hope you enjoy the additional security. If ticket prices go up next season, I'm sure it'll be in part to fund the salaries of the extra yellow (or black) shirts.

11. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the bottle thrown from my section, but not who threw it. I also saw someone taken out by the Chester police. Was this not the person who threw the bottle/cup? I kinda wanted to know if this guy was SOB or stubhubber, just curious.

This crap needs to end. It gives all SOB's a bad name, fair or not. The bottom line, this does not happen in other sections of the stadium. It should not happen in TRE.

12. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I would condone it, it's douchebaggery at it's worst (except for the Flyers example, that's just plain cool). I don't have the Phils example, but nobody remembers snowball gate the Eagles had a while back, and when the ceremonial throwing of hats on the ice for a hat trick for a Flyers game?

Hey we all know the refs are awful. It doesn't mean that you can throw whatever you want on the field out there.

Speaking of refs, does MLS actually have officiating grades / reviews internally? If not, why not?

I really liked the Jac Mac / Mwanga, VP, Le Toux setup. Having Roger in there on top of it was a little much as others mentioned.

I'm going to throw this out there for Migs: Whatever injury he had for the almost 2 months early in the season really messed up his game. I don't know how to fix it or if it even could be fixed. 100% if Migs doesn't retire he will be exposed in the ED.

No Valdes for FC Dallas is going to hurt. Hopefully we're not in bunkerball again.

13. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering why I saw a husky officer rapidly making his way down to The River End.

I came here to compliment TRE on sounding better than ever. Loud, clear, etc. At least from the opposite end of the pitch.

14. ville41

ville41 New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookhaven, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Security knows who threw it. From what I was told. Additionally, they will watch the security tapes, as their are cameras on every section. They will get the guy, and he will be gone.

15. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been incidents at the phillies. Batteries were thrown at JD Drew his first trip in for example. That doesn't excuse last night, but it's the same type of fan: young and likely over lubricated.

MLS referees are assessed each match by a USSF assessor who is former referee. There's a stadium observer and the full assessment is done by the assessor reviewing a DVD. The assessments are not public, but if you fail three you're done for the season. You can get a sense as to who the better assessed referees by who gets the most games. You have to control a bit for referees getting international assignments, but generally the best rated referees get the most games and will see games in the playoffs.

16. pwolenter1

pwolenter1 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Now here I was waking up this morning about to COMPLIMENT everyone in my upper corner of 137 in how they handled the incident. Things were said, fingers were pointed.

No, unfortunately nobody saw exactly who threw the beer because we were all watching what happened on the pitch. However we all knew the general area where it came from, and isolated the origin to probably an area of 10 or so people. Props to everyone around me who also spoke up immediately after it was thrown, saying if it came from the left/right of them.

Personal theory (no evidence to support this) was that it came from the last row: with nobody behind the person to see him/her throw it, and his/her friends on either side who won't rat the thrower out, I think this falls into the realm of possibility.

Nicer response time by the red/yellow/blue shirts than the fight, but saw one or two people leave from the identified beer-throwing area before they made their presence known. Again, no proof that these people were the ones who threw it, but 1) Throw beer 2) Leave area 3) Army of colored shirts arrive...

I can vouch for this as well. While he was being taken away, his friend still in the stands was screaming at anyone who would listen that they had the wrong guy.

[​IMG]

17. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it always beer being thrown? Why can't it be candy or bud? This once again just proves that Free Beer Movement is a terrible idea.

18. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. doopRAD

doopRAD Member

Aug 31, 2010
    OneThreeEight
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    this is the most amazing pic

20. BrassknuckleINK

BrassknuckleINK New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    whoah whoah whoah......
    i know i havent made a game this year yet.....so my rant is about to fall on deaf eyes.....but!

dont start capping beer sales.
    all youre doing is punishing those with high tolerances.

do you know how annoying it is to have to walk all the way around stadiums to buy from different vendors so that youre not flagged too soon?????

PLUS

the creeps get nicer and sweeter when you give them more beer.
    I wouldnt want to imagine what would have happened had all of them (us) been sober and someone tried to attack.
    Hell, dudes lucky some of the boys were too inebriated to get over the seats to defend the fallen...

sorry...couldnt find the red sarcasm font thinger

21. Aiken 4 the Union

May 28, 2009
    Springfield - Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the guy they took out, he can get a little rowdy but he DEFINITELY did not throw the beer (he sits on the very end and it came from 5-6 seats in). He probably just said some smart-ass comment. I actually saw him after the game and they just let him go thankfully.

It was also a cup that was thrown and not a bottle, I got a little wet but didn't mind. Nothing should be thrown on the field and should be stopped but I have to say it was a little annoying for 8-10 minutes of ppl yelling who throw the beer, its very distracting, esp since houston scored their goal and I didn't see the set up just the ball go in the net. If nobody says anything after 2 mins just have security in back row and move on.

Sections are too small and too many of us who would pick them outif seen. I would bet my left nut it was the back row with 3 friends on each side of him.

22. USRoverDE

USRoverDE Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see no one is posting in here today, must be too busy enjoying themselves in England.

23. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the pictures you'd think London lost the Stanley Cup or something...