FIFA's Passport tickets requirement

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DGNB, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Ding. Rick B with the winner!

2. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    But your response, was neither helpful, nor constructive. It was insulting and degrading and for no obvious reason. Obviously, you didn't even understand the map comment. Maybe you have been in Europe too long, you have adopted their snobbish outlook on the US. Or maybe you are just naturally a pompous arrogant A$$. Somehow, the US managed to run a perfectly succesful World Cup without the passport rules. You have yet to give me even a decent reason as to WHY they need them for a ticket, not what makes them better than a driver's license.

As to why he doesn't have a passport, it is very simple. He is a resident here, despite having been here for over 20 years. The govt. has been less than responsive at providing a passport for residents. Despite the fact that he has graduated from college with 2 degrees and cum laude, the govt. is processing him in the same regard they would someone who just got off the boat (and he came legally.) He has accepted a job at an architecture firm in barcelona and is still waiting for his passport so that he can leave to work in Europe and then return to the states. Should I go into the legal problems he has had with the INS, and then the conversion of the INS to the USCIS which set everyone who had been waiting on stuff back to step one. So it has nothing to do with rocket science or a lack of common sense.

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    You might wanna learn to drop your stereotyping before you head to Germany, it'll make you look less like an ass.

4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

It was sarcastic and patronising - for a reason. You've got your head up your arse and you need to bring it down a few steps. Actually Ive been in Europe since I was born - Im English not American.......

Get your facts right, the US did NOT run a World Cup ticket event blah blah blah. Every World Cup is played out in every way within FIFA's rules. If you are a supporter from anywhere outside the home nation - you have to provide passport details. I was crediting you with a bit of commom sense that you would realise why. Obviously Im talking to a moron.
    You have to give passport details for the following reason, it is the only ID that is internationall recognised. I know idiots like you think the US is the only thing that matters in life (and it's a pity as you in the miority give everyone else in the States a bad name) but it isn't, so a driving license means nothing. To get a ticket for any game in Europe if you are from another country you must show a passport number as there are problems with Hooliganism and everyone must have a trace if there is a problem. Surely you recognise that coming from America - you know security checks.
    I actually run the ticketing side for Arsenal America with the club and therefore every American that gets a ticket through me has to show a passport before they get their ticket.

Plus in the 3rd post you made out that getting a passport wasn't on his mind as it was the Christmas season, not that he suddenly came from the Congo, had legal issue's etc etc, which frankly you are probably making up to try and dig yourself out of a hole.

Fidlerre is right, try and drop your pathetic crap before you come to Europe - obviously you've never left the US before - you won't last long in the real world with that attitude.

5. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Yeah, ok, I think this one is done.

Bottom line: You need a passport to get tickets.

Thanks.