FIFA World Ranking - AFC

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by FCMB, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    No, you have the right to praise your team, in the end we all know Australia is one of the strongest teams in Asia. also you are ahead of us in many ways, professionalism (Player and Clubs), Good football League, the Home Ground which it's a huge advantage, Financially you are better, you are better in preparing (Friendly matches), and of course you have the talent.

We do have the talent and we also have a good coach (Egil Olsen), but it isn't enough, we need half what others have, we need at least play decent friendly matches.

One thing for sure, we won't make it easy for you.

2. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Lol like Mussav says it's not about winning or losing, Australia are a very good football team. But they really couldn't "spank" Saudi or Iraq as you put it.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see you beat Iraq or Saudi, but "spank" them??

Either way, good luck to both teams in the qualifiers.

3. usausa-redded

usausa-redded Red Card

Aug 28, 2006

the only Asian team to get into Round 16?
    In 2006, Australia was not a part of Asia! Australia had play-off with Uruguay and eventually qualified. They were not in the member of AFC at that time.
    Australia joined AFC after WC 2006.
    You are plain ignorant.

4. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    This gets better and better. We may not have qualified for Germany as part of the AFC, but as of January 1st 2006, we became part of the Asian Football Confederation. Also, if we weren't part of Asia until after the world cup, how come we played an Asia Cup qualifier against Bahrain in February that year? Now who's ignorant? :p

Just incase the writing isn't already on the wall check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Federation_Australia

5. usausa-redded

usausa-redded Red Card

Aug 28, 2006
    Gosh! I 'd better ignore you next time.
    Your ignorance is endless.

6. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    What? Please explain how I am ignorant.

7. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    This thread will become like our old thread:(,if you don´t stop this useless arguments about ignorant or something else,so please stop this!

Iraq and Australia and Saudiyah are good teams,ok?:)

8. iraq_foeva_proud

iraq_foeva_proud New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    melbourne, iraq
    just ignore him, he sounds like a troll.

9. SHUTUP&TRAIN!

SHUTUP&TRAIN! New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just admit you were wrong you big baby. Bay is right Australia was part of Asia from 2006 you twit.

10. tpg1

tpg1 New Member

May 31, 2007
    hey Bay, seriously i think Australia is about the same level as japan. in the WC we beat them and in the AC they beat us and there doesn't seem to be much between the sides.. but then given saudis beat japan, and iraq beat the saudis and beat Oz, i dont see how we can go around saying we would spank them... but man it would be great if we do!! :D

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  12. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow, that's a big jump for us! 10 places? FIFA rankings certainly work in weird ways. Oh well, i'm not complaining................................this time!!! ;)

P.S. We could really nudge up the rankings with a good qualifying campaign! *Fingers crossed*

13. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well, technically, Japan didn't beat Australia during the Asian Cup. The match was drawn. We bombed out on penalties.

14. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    LOL
    Pot, kettle, black. Run along...........

15. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Wow, would never have guessed, another ************ month in the FIFA rankings for Iraq.

16. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    I think this month the FIFA Ranking is not fair.Look:
    I mean congrats to Thailand for the very better Ranking,now.

Thailand´s matches this year:Japan-Thailand 4-1

Syria´s matches this year:Syria-Qatar 0-0,Syria - Bahrain 2-1,Syria-China 1-2,Syria-Iran 0-0.

Iran is 63 places higher ranked then us,and we drew away ,in a WC Qualification match and in a A-International match,we drew in an official match at home, against higher ranked Qatar,we won away against higher ranked Bahrain in an official match,and we just lost after a hard match away aginst China,where we had many chances to score.:eek:

So what is the reason that we went up just 1 place.China drew away against Iraq ,which is not ranked higher much,and went up 7 places!:confused:

That is so unfair!

But congrats to the teams who went up,maybe next month we´ll go up!:)

17. Mounir

Mounir New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Australia; is a topp class team.They have players like cahill and kewell operating in the best leagues in the world. and they are the most likely asian team to win a world cup due to their europe experience.

Iraq: Without doubt a top class to they have players playing in the arab league and still can reach the semis at the world cup.Iraqs golden generation is here! with players like Younis,Hawar,Nashat,Mahdi,Bassem,Jassim and i can go on.
    i must say iraq is atleast 1-3 best team in asia.

Saudi-Arabia:
    A Dominant force in asia for a long time and they have players playing in just saudi-arabia with superstriker Yasser etc, they have a good world cup history and every team will be struggling against them.

They have a different history with eachother.

Australia and saudi-arabia always struggles with iraq.
    Australia and saudi-arabia yet have to play.:)

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    After being placed in the 80's something after worldcup 2006, Saudi Arabia has finally reached 50.
    aND INshallah if Saudi Arabia qualifies to the Worldcup, maybe it would be ranked in the 30's something.

19. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Good move for Saudi Arabia + Bahrain + Australia

20. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I've heard it's to do with the fact that Iraq can't play matches on home soil or something like that? Not sure though.

21. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    I nearly fell over too when i saw we jumped 10 places after beating only Qatar (who were ranked 88) in the past month. I think a lot of our big jump was due to a handful of African nations having a horrible African Nations Cup campaign and going backwards. Nigeria dropped something like 30 spots, Senegal and Guinea dropped back a fair way. I think Mali may have fallen too and they were all ahead of us.

IMO i think the current Aust side playing the way they are should be ranked around the mid to high 30's. I also think we have the potential to jump another 10 spots, but we are a fair way off playing to our potential.

I still lack confidence in the FIFA rankings. As "syriaman" said, Syria drew with Qatar and Iran and beat Bahrain and they only move 1 place:confused:

22. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Yeah man, lack of funding to travel for friendlies and obviously we can't have people back here.

Also the incompetence of the FA is another issue. Ah well...

23. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the FIFA Ranking Counts all the points of the matches in the past years. and the system will start to reduce the points of the matches every year (it'll take 8 years to be completely removed from the ranking system )

that means if you have a black history (just like us:D) or a few disappointed matches, the ranking system will start to remove it with the passage of time.

24. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    A win over U.A.E. and a draw against china and jordan and Iraq move back? i dont want to know who is making all this shiti decision

25. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Remember.. the points you won in the Asian Games 2007 (Qatar) are starts to be reduced because its Passed a year On it.