FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Khadrim

Khadrim Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Do you want to show me the fouls he allowed. He got most of it correctly. Which yellows were missed? I think Otamendi should have been yellow carded for the penalty he conceded, but otherwise he got most of the calls.

Martinez was carded the second time. Maybe he should have been carded straight away, but he tried it twice was talked to first time and carded the second. If he did it again he would have been off, and an outfield player would have had to go in goal.

2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When Ronaldo scores a pen, every one cries that he only scores pens and call him penaldo
    Messi scored 5 or 4 pens this World Cup and every one is quite, he has scored 5 to 7 more pens for Argentina than Ronaldo has for Portugal

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It was the same with Kane in the last World Cup, scored a few pens and all of a sudden that’s all he can do! We get called Pengland etc! Like you say, you don’t hear anything about the amount of pens Argentina have had.

Khadrim and verde-rubro repped this.
  4. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Otamendi, yes (some referees maybe would have even sent him off for that), and there were also three or four very similar fouls during injury time (90+), when France searched for a third goal which would have meant victory for them, and the defenders only stopped them every time with cynical fouls. The ref only gave a yellow to Acuna, when just before that he ignored the same kind of fouls, but if those offenders had received a yellow card, they would not have dared to commit a foul later.

5. Khadrim

Khadrim Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    So annoyed by L'equipe giving the ref 2/10 I watched the last 8 minutes of injury.

There were not 3 or 4 cynical fouls. Romero got away with one on Mbappe as it was offside. The only one that could qualify was Tagliafico at 95:46 and even then given Rabiot was going sideways with the ball I don't think it is a SPA. The others were attempts to get the ball that failed and were not SPA. Just fouls. Not everything is a yellow card.

6. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

RIP to the great man.