FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Fair enough, your spelling is very American that’s why I thought you supported them. The USA has barely won a game outside of America against any half decent team and finished 3rd in qualifying in a poor region. Wales have recently drawn against Belgium and beat Ukraine that’s better than any result I can see after looking at the US results for the past 2 years.

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Wales just seem more mature, more battle-hardened. The US has some talented individuals playing for big teams but whenever I've seen them play they look quite soft all over the pitch. They seem like they're stuck in that in-between zone where they've lost a lot of their grit and made up for it a bit with more technical players, but not nearly to the level they'd need to out-play the big teams.

roverman and Regis Prograis repped this.
  3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I think wales will finish 3rd. Their Goalkeepers are pretty woeful. Davies, their best defender might not make it. Their best two players are about a year past their prime. They have league 1 midfielders. Non scoring strikers. I think usa will beat them

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Their league one midfielders with Ramsey and Allen will probably still have more control than us considering they will outnumber us and you know it will be a grind of a game because of the way Southgate sets us up.

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Allen might not make it and I don't think ramsey is anywhere near the player he was. Depends on southgate's attitude during the game

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Feels like deschamps is trying to tie as many players down as possible. Another two debutants in a key fixture. Kind of gets on your nerves

7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    They were only really replacing players out injured or in poor form though it doesn’t stand out.

8. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    And on that note USA lost 2-0 to Japan in Germany today. A very unimpressive performance apparently. Star boy Pulisic missed the game with a minor injury.

The USA have played 5 games against WC qualified teams (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, Uruguay) this calendar year and have scored zero goals.

9. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Feel like we might be heading towards the final a lot of people expected in 2014 with Brazil and Argentina both looking in excellent form.

10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    France are looking pretty awful. 2-0 down

11. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    They could well end up being relegated if Austria manage to beat Croatia and they don’t make a comeback themselves. Not that likely as Croatia should likely be able to get something against Austria.

roverman repped this.
  12. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    US drew 0-0 with Saudi Arabia (who they are significantly above in the rankings) in Spain, as I mentioned their record outside of the US is atrocious, maybe they improve at the World Cup. I don’t think they’ll be quite as bullish about comfortably beating Wales and Iran, as I’ve seen posted on this site.

13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Their team seems Divided. Pulisic (who is their captain) and their manager Berhalter don’t seem to get on very much. Seen tweets suggesting some sort of snubbing incident from Pulisic when subbed off today.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

15. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Not actually a miss for the world cup being Colombia did not qualify.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Feels like an awful idea to do this type of all access documentary at a WC.

1580498346086903808 is not a valid tweet id

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    All that will come out of it will be more stupid dance celebrations and singing about England by Ramsey and co…

18. PoliteSquats

PoliteSquats Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The absolute scenes when we make Joe Allen look like Pirlo in midfield.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    N’Golo Kante will miss the World Cup. France will miss him despite their very talented squad.

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Diogo Jota out of the World Cup.

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Must be tough for those who would have 100% made it but for injures. You never know what the future brings as well. Portugal always feel like to me a team who will miss a tournament at some point soon despite a very talented squad who should easily be able to survive the retirement of Ronaldo.

22. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

In the (unlikely) event that they are expelled the United Arab Emirates (as third in their group) feel like the most likely replacement.

23. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The Dutch picked 39 players in their WC provisional squad -

[​IMG]

25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member