FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar - Qualifying

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Young Zmaj, Dec 7, 2020.

1. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol, I say something bad and then he scores..Nice, maybe i should keep going...I actually thought it was a pretty strong move by him(goalie came a bit too far on the other side and i think Stevanovic got just enough and angled it just enough).

2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    But seriously, how does an almost 40 year old pukki with the ball at his feet still out run duljevic

3. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    France and Ukraine are 1-1.

4. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Probably because Todorovic seems a bit more technically sound and can make some plays while Kolasinac's ability to make plays isn't as strong(he's everything else except that though).

5. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Pjanic's hands are up all the time..Every little touch and he's whining. lol

6. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Did you watch first half? Finland almost scored twice in first 10 minutes because of Todorovic poor positioning lol hes a huge liability

bosna10 repped this.
  7. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes. That play in the game where Sehic had to make a wonder save was due to Pjanic losing the ball in Finalands half and not tracking back to defend like he should have..Modric is x2 the player of Pjanic

bosna10 repped this.
  8. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    For sure but that was also CB's fault on a number of plays. Kola definitely defends way better but i'm guessing Todorovic was in to create more going forward which makes sense. Next game Kola better be in because they are extremely poor all over the field when it comes to defending.

Ronaldinho321 repped this.
  9. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well we are first so that's what counts. lol :)

10. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Wow Ukraine tied France and we COULDNT beat Finland ..theres no way we get 2nd place now

bosna10 repped this.
  11. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Pjanic never played a single good game for the national team except when it was important to score three goals and assist against teams like Lichtenstein and Luxembourg. He should have retired a long time ago.

As for Kolasinac, he too has had plenty of bad games, suffice to look at the away game against Cyprus and the home game against Belgium a few years ago where he was directly responsible for both defeats. That's not to say Todorovic is an amazing player worthy of being in the starting 11, he's actually far from it.

12. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Pretty terrible all around performance by us

Ronaldinho321 and bosna10 repped this.
  13. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The sad part is that they only needed to be like average defensively to win this game...

Ronaldinho321 and Sudžuka repped this.
  14. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    At least Sehic made some really nice saves and he seemed confident ,

but with France not winning today I can see Mbappe going full beast mode against us . Were going to have to park the bus hardcore to even have a chance getting a point

bosna10 repped this.
  15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    The team hasn't won a game since November 2019 and it was an away win against Liechtenstein. Let that sink in, it speaks volumes.

16. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    FT: Finland 2-2 Bosnia and Herzegovina.

On the strength of a dominant second-half performance, Bosnia were unfortunate not to grab all three points at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki. The first performance under new coach Ivaylo Petev saw the Bosnians play fluent, possession-based football, with only wasteful finishing and moments of defensive over-exuberance rendering the match a draw.

Nevertheless, this point in Helsinki may turn out to be an invaluable one in what already looks like an ultra-tight group.

17. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    With the greatest of respect: not at all! This was the first time since the Italy game in Florence that BiH actually looked competent. 55% possession, out-shooting Finland 19-12, a clear and intelligent game plan – take away the defensive blunders and uncertain finishing, and we would be in Dreamland right now.

Don't forget, Finland beat France 2-0 at Saint-Denis as recently as November 2020. They punch way above their weight against better sides.

This is an excellent point. I'm particularly impressed by the way the team didn't cave it when they went 2-1 down against the run of play.

18. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Obviously, this is going to be subjective, but for me, Petev made just one strange decision: subbing on Duljevic for Gojak. While he's never been the slimmest player, HaDu now looks like a Chinese dim-sum chef.

I'd expect Menalo to get a run-out against Costa Rica.

19. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    We've been reading that kind of analysis after similar outcomes in games since 2014 at least, meanwhile nothing has changed...

They got lucky, 99% of the time in similar scenarios they go 2-1 down and end the game 2-1 down.

Ronaldinho321 and bosna10 repped this.
  20. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    "Imali smo više šansi od protivnika. Imali smo problema tokom utakmice, ali samo imali i tri, četiri stopostotne šanse, nismo ih iskoristili. Imali smo priliku pobijediti 1:0, ali smo im kao mala djeca dali priliku za preokret i vodstvo."

Ivajlo Petev

21. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Finland and Kazakhstan are the teams we had to beat both home and away , with this tie we already decreased our chances significantly for that 2nd spot .... remember how we qualified for wc 2014 we beat the bottom 2 teams both times (Lithuania, Liechtenstein ) and beat Greece once . Now we have to get good result vs France and Ukraine

22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    At this point, you could replace any coach we've had since Susic and their statements after similar games with a cardboard cutout or a cassette tape. I swear I've read or heard "Kao mala djeca dali priliku za preokret i vodstvo" and similar shit about 50 times over the past 10 years yet ******** all has changed for the better. Wash, rinse and repeat..

23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    bosna10 repped this.
  24. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    It's kinda true, back in 2011 not winning away in Albania and losing to Romania also away cost us first place in the group and direct qualification. Same thing in 2015 with a stupid needless home loss against Cyprus and failing to beat Wales away. Having to rely on other results going your way is a terrible thing in qualifying campaigns.

25. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Ukraine and Finland drew 1-1 in Kiev, it was 0-0 until the 80th minute when Ukraine scored but then Finland drew level in the 89th minute through a Pukki penalty goal and a Ukrainian was sent off for the foul. This is somewhat of a decent result for us because in a way it means we can "afford" to lose against France but on the other hand I would have prefered for other teams to leave Finland behind as quickly as possible, so to speak.

Sudžuka and bosna10 repped this.