FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar - Qualifying

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Young Zmaj, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #251 Ceres, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Denmark have already qualified for the WC-22 as group winners (with 8 wins in 8 games and a 27-0 score) and is not a possible opponent. And I think everyone going to the play-off's will praise themselves lucky for that. Both Scotland (as 2nd in the group if they beat bottom dwellers Moldova) and Austria (as Nations League group winners) will probably go to the WC-22 play-off's from the "Denmark" group

2. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Realistically, there is not a single team among those listed that we can beat. Perhaps Norway or Czech Republic but that's about it. Still, the road is long, Finland and especially Ukraine at home won't be a walk in the park.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Just to make it perfectly clear, then the link below show how the play-off's looks right now, but it could easily change dramatically, like Spain that lost away to Sweden and only managed a draw at home vs. Greece, but now face Greece away and Sweden at home in their last two games, and so they could still end up 3rd in their group, which then would place them among the unseeded team in the play-off's as a Nations League group winner instead of Wales or Austria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round#Qualified_teams

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Either way, it's too early still and definitely not smart to be talking about the playoffs just yet. I don't fancy our chances there, we've been down that path 4 times already and never managed to qualify through them. If we had the right mentality which we've never had since 1995, we would have at least been able to overcome Ireland and Northern Ireland who are two frankly weak teams.

5. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    LETS GOO BOYZ AND GIRLS I GOT $300 on us beating Finland. LETS ********ing Goooo. HYPPPEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPP. KKKKOOOOOO NEEEEEE SKKAACCEEEE MMMRRZZII BOSSNUUUU HEEEEJJJJ HEEEEEEJJJJ HEEEEEJJ,

6. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    #256 BIHfan, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    I've said this elsewhere before and I'll say it here once more : Miralem Pjanic should have been booted out of the starting 11 years ago. I'm glad some fans have finally woken up from their deep coma. If proper actions had been taken years ago (which they never are with this team), maybe we would have actually stood a proper chance.

7. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    even bigger thing is. most of these big club players come to NT gatherings to drink have fun not to work on tactics what to do in game. that is what most profecional teams do. and guy should have kept 3-5-2 formation. and pjanic come over here da soli pamet igracima sa svojim let me turn in spot few times and then pass the ball 2 meters from me

8. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Yes coming to national team gatherings to drink and party is another thing that has always been tolerated for years by everybody (Lulic spoke out against it after retiring and was largely ridiculed for it) and nobody dares to change that culture. We are the best in Europe when it comes to shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly with retarded decisions and then we act all surprised when nothing changes and the likes of Cyprus, Armenia and now Finland beat us comfortably.

9. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    not just that but we play better from home because no distractions.

10. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    You mean away from home? This is the only qualifying campaign besides the 2014 qualifiers where we managed to stay unbeaten away from home. I don't understand how the team managed to perform so well at home from say 2000 to 2015 if this was always a distraction.

11. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That Kolasinac injury hurt us bad.we lost like the only player that was able to run at their defense with the ball...... All our other players always make the back pass or a braindead cross/ longshot

12. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Recently we never can beat these types of teams ..I watched the U.S vs Mexico game and that US team is similar to ours 2-3 players playing top level and the rest MLS / lower leagues but they always seem more compact/ and make less defensive mistakes ... Also watch tomorrow when Serbia and Croatia both get wins to qualify for the WC

13. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    why change formation 3-5-2 to 4-3-3 i know dzeko was not playing and he is main reason why it works. but stevanovic just is amazing in it. nobody in front of him to slow him down has a guy to play with all the time and it works on defense to. pjanic need to stop being smart ass he was brought into team to play final decisive through balls not to pass lateral 2-3 meters from him

14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    We were utter garbage even while Kolasinac was on the pitch. The players looked terrified out there from the get-go, gave Finland way too much respect as if they were playing against Spain from 2008, not against a frankly average finnish side that is nothing special and easily beatable (4-1 win in 2019). Sanicanin was making mistakes at the back that I haven't seen even at the U-15 level..

Croatia choked multiple times in qualifiers where they were expected to finish first yet had to seek their place in a tournament through the play-offs. As for Serbia, they are only as strong as Portugal are weak right now. We could learn a lot from the Croats perhaps but not from the Serbs. Overall, I don't expect anything to change, we've been seeing the same shit over and over again since 2014.

15. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    off course you were garbage when you get main guy into formation and he does nothing note worthy(pjanic) just pass the ball next to him or back to defense. that is why these two games before this one mid was good they knew it was the and them only they took responsibility today it was you are main guy take responsibility and he did not want too

16. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    When if ever has Pjanic done something noteworthy when it mattered most? I put the question to you guys here months ago and am still wainting for an answer. He should have never been put in a role to be the "main guy" on the pitch, that should have been clear to everyone since at least 2012. It was clear quite early in his international career that he would never be a leader like Misimovic was and I hope this game against Finland was his last in a BIH shirt. After his latest idiocies, he can ******** off. How we tolerated a player like him in the starting 11 for literally years is beyond me. Whatever good he did for BIH (which is next to null) since his debut in 2008, he did twice as many bad things (missed penalty against Cyprus in 2014 and Finland in 2020, red card against Greece in 2019, handball against Finland now in 2021, the list is long). Mentalitet "gdje ces Pjanica izbaciti iz prvih 11?" naj je doveo do ovdje. When you make a player untouchable based on absolutely nothing, you encourage and perpetuate mediocrity which in turn has a negative impact on the squad as a whole. This is the outcome of it.

17. miske10

miske10 Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    We were giving up after each mistake in this game, which is the ultimate sin any competitor in pretty much any sport can make and, more importantly, is what separates a serious competitor from, well . . . us. Serious competitors understand that in key games--when everything is on the line, so to speak--mistakes will happen, the unexpected will happen, but you keep fighting until the very end because even if there is a second left on the clock, there is still a potential for a goal to be scored.

We will miss out on Euro 2024 in much the same way--and nothing will change--unless we change something fundamental about our approach to these competitive and key games.

I suggest Petev Ivaylo take the following two actions:

Hire a sports psychologist (or two), the best that we can afford. Someone in the above post mentioned the US national team. This US team can be down by 10 goals with 11 seconds on the clock and still believe that they can win the game or, at least that is how it feels. But it does not stop there, they will actively, positively, and intelligently work for those goals and that win. That is exactly the kind of mindset that our team needs. My local MLS club, which does not even begin play for over a year, already has at least 2 individuals associated with sports psychology that are being associated as part of the club. Bosnia lacks so much knowledge in this area.

Take every "unimportant" game 100% seriously, starting with Ukraine, and indicate to the public and players that any lackluster performance in any of these games is grounds for removal from the squad or being moved to the bench. Who are the serious players? Who are the indifferent? If a player will perform against e.g., Ukraine in an "unimportant" game, he will perform well against anyone and we can count on him.

18. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    it is them not wanting pressure . that is always crunch time comes NEXT GAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN THIS ONE(how many times i hear that) but problem is in qualifications you run out with excuses like these ones. sooner or later you will have to get profecional and accept the challenge or like this cycle lol i mean what will they call ukraine game now they can not call it most important one anymore what will they call it now

19. miske10

miske10 Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    We need to use the Ukraine game, and hopefully win, to bring in positive energy and restore self-confidence and then continue with the same energy and competitive spirit in the friendlies and into the Euro 2024 qualifiers in March/April 2023. Either we can take that approach, or . . . we can do what we did in the past of testing out nobodies and excusing our loses on the fact that we were testing out nobodies. Then, when competitive qualifiers start up again, we can look lost and confused as we have in the past.

20. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol hey need stop with excuses especially big players how is it for up and coming player going around listening to dzeko how france is not important match but kazh is most important and then draw the game and hear again how next two games are most important if i was a youngest i would just shut up what hell is this what kind a crap i am hearing. young players try but these older players are like daj meni neznas ti nista i oni dodnu loptu i pjanic nezna nista

21. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Because the next World Cup is being played in November 2022, the Nations League starts in June 2022 already as opposed to September 2022 with the group draw taking place next month (December 16). It gives plenty of time to do a complete overhaul which we all know won't be done.

Seriously, I look at this mess and wonder how we ever managed to qualify in 2013 in the first place. As I said a few months ago, this is possibly the biggest regression from a national team ever to go from a top 10 side in Europe and playing at the World Cup to not qualifying for FOUR straight competitions including two Euros with expanded formats and losing to powerhouses like Armenia, Cyprus (twice), Northern Ireland, Ireland, Finland (twice). Just the fact that we won one competitive game since November 2019 really says it all.

22. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The team is washed. Give it 2 years and we will be at the same level as Albania or N. Macedonia.

23. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    We are already below N. Macedonia, at least in terms of current form. They qualified for Euro 2020 and qualified for the playoffs this time.

24. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We actually have really good you g players that are promising. The problem is most of then are defensive players. We need attacking talent to break out.

25. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Which promising young players do we have in defense? None that have been properly tested so far and that we know we can rely on for the long run. That's another problem with this current coach. Besides leading us through our worst qualifying campaign in history (and it seems he will get away with it), he's tested about 40 different players since he took over and has yet to find a proper 23 man roster to carry through an entire qualifying campaign. He's wasted countless friendlies doing essentially nothing. Also, a lot of players that have proven themselves to be lackluster even under Prosinecki continue to get called-up such as Civic, Cipetic, Kovacevic and Sanicanin. There was no point getting rid of players like Zukanovic, Sunjic, Vrsajevic or Bicakcic if we were going to replace them with equally weak players.

Attacking wise, it's equally as abysmal. Prevljak and Demirovic showed just how limited they are as players in recent games and there is clearly no plan on what to do next once Dzeko retires which is a matter of months now. Milan Duric should have received a call-up again a long time ago, he is getting old but he has a fantastic goal per game ratio and proved in the past that he can be the difference maker (Wales and Cyprus wins in 2015, Kirin Cup games) unlike the scrubs we've seen so far.