FIFA World Cup 2018 Preparation [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was indeed the worst WCQ campaign we've gone through since 1986.
    But we have somehow managed to qualify and booked our tickets to Russia.
    That being said it is time to discuss how we are going to fix issues we've talked about over the last 3 years and strengthen the positives.

Let that talk begin.

2. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Friendlies with strong teams that are going to the WC. We need to get our ass kicked by the big boys now if we're going to have a chance on the big stage.

Boom repped this.
  3. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #3 gunitinug, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    keep things simple.

make an offensive strategy based around SHM

SHM is our artillery piece.
    also some how include the 전봇대 KSW into the equation.

and...
    we need a clever midfielder like YGH

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Simple tactic 4-4-2 would work I guess. Give simple roles to players. Problem with 4-4-2 is that we don't have a good winger.

Put in LSW asap, need a player like him I feel. Test out young players like Han Chanhee etc.

Manager:
    we either stick with STY or someone else. If we do fire STY we need to hire someone good. If not we're just wasting our time. I doubt KFA is willing to hire a good manager so we're probably going to stick with STY sadly.

5. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For LSW, we will have to see how he will fare in Italy. He hasn't even played a single minute at professional game yet.

6. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2 simple fixes:

1. Improve offense

2. Improve defense.

nmssis, komina12345, jessypjs and 4 others repped this.
  7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Just fking ditch shitty players like KJS and KYG already.

nmssis repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I seriously think this team can vastly improve if we have decent full backs like Cha Duri but in both ends.

doraemon repped this.
  9. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I will just keep my hopes low to avoid expectations. I don't see us performing well with this kind of system and mentality.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    First off, we've got the upcoming EAFF East Asian Cup in December @ Japan from the 8th through the 16th, but we'll also need a proper winter training camp early next year as well as proper friendlies vs notable oppositions in preparations for Russia ahead.

jessypjs and aeh1991 repped this.
  11. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I certainly would not recommend a 3-4-3 unless some new players could be introduced in defense. Has anyone tried a 4-3-1-2?

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Some of our players need to transfer this winter. Some to get playing time (PJH, LCY) and some by risking playing time, but to earn experience and challenge themselves (Asian league -> small European league). The current team lacks international level. They literally shit their pants when playing against big physical players. Some other players need to bulk up (LJS, KJS). And the majority of the young players need to step up and become key players for our NT (HHC, KCH, KMJ) instead of relying on others. Younger players are already on the waiting list (LJinHyun, LSW, HCH), given they get playing time regularily. Those in CSL should seriously consider if it's the right thing to follow the money or if personal development is more important. We don't have a massive pool of players so that every problem can be solved. It's on the players to become better and make the team better. Last but not least SHM should be ashamed and owes us a lot. How can a starter for the EPL second disappoint against Uzbekistan?

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Friendly oppositions I want us to face in preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia ahead: Iceland, Netherlands, Russia, Wales, Egypt, Japan, and anyone of Chile, Colombia, or Peru.

chook90, DHMGKorea and aeh1991 repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    The way KFA works, it will be Tunisia, Senegal, Venezuela, Austria, Qatar, Iraq, etc :p

DHMGKorea and Seol Korea repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "Solutions to helping the KNT for the WC" :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:.

aeh1991 repped this.
  16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Speak of the devil, a friendly match vs Russia have been confirmed for next month.

2017/10/06 Korea vs Russia.

chook90, jessypjs and aeh1991 repped this.
  17. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    To get used to the physicality of possible opponents, Russia is definitely a good opponent. They will shove and hit. African teams would be a good test as well. Even though I think only offensive-minded players of Korea have issues with strength. Defenders can cope, at least somehow. But SHM? He is made out of thin air.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    EDIT: KFA stated that a friendly vs Russia are currently in talks, but nothings been confirmed yet.

chook90 repped this.
  19. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    #19 doraemon, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Korean media is reporting that Hiddink is strongly interested in managing the KNT for the 2018 WC, according to a source close to him.

- Hiddink wants to close out his managerial career with the KNT. Still has a lot of affection for the team and is not doing this for the money. Hiddink still operates a football-related charity in Korea and genuinely cares for the country.

- China (before Lippi was hired), England, and Chinese club teams approached Stielike with lucrative offers in the past, but Hiddink refused both.

- Hiddink may be willing to take less than what Stielike was paid, according to the source.

- Hiddink was very concerned about the team's performances under Stielike.

- Hiddink has apparently been talking about potentially managing the KNT (under the condition that the KNT qualifies for the WC) since the Confederations Cup.

- Hiddink helped set up the October friendly against Russia, which was contingent on the KNT directly qualifying for the WC.

- Hiddink made up his mind to manage the KNT once the KNT secured qualification and the friendly against Russia was confirmed.

- Wants to close out his managerial career by reviving Korean football in a WC held in Russia, as he has close ties with both nations.

- Hiddink is confident that he could help the team perform well in the WC, as he believes the team has talent.

- Several European teams are expected to make offers to Hiddink in October/November, once the teams secure WC berth.

http://sports.news.nate.com/view/20170906n36727

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ Hiddink's been carefully following/observing the KNT ever since Shitlike took charge.

seolseol and killaorca repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hiddink should just be the technical director of KFA pls.

22. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    If he has been, then it might mean he already has a diagnosis of the team and tactical fixes in mind.

chook90, jessypjs, DHMGKorea and 2 others repped this.
  23. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    #23 doraemon, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    If this happens, it's going to be an incredibly poetic story. Hiddink finishes his career with the KNT in Russia, managing the players who grew up watching his team play in 2002.

What are your thoughts on this SK?

chook90, jessypjs, DHMGKorea and 2 others repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It will definitely be a hell of a story if you ask me, and as I've stated before, I have no objections to Hiddink taking the KNT helm again despite the high chances of him ruining his image and success of the 2002 FIFA World Cup, and he seems to be well aware of it also, so I definitely can feel that he's confident and not too worried about the risks that will come with his decision.

Also, from the looks of the article, the person relaying the message most definitely seems like it's Jan Roelfs, who's a long time partner and good friend of Hiddink (Was also the Video Analyst for the KNT during Hiddink's tenure.), so I can clearly see how Hiddink's been observing our team for the past 3 years due thanks to Jan's assistance in sending him all of the match footage and data.

chook90, DHMGKorea and doraemon repped this.
  25. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Now, I don't know would the effects of the hype that Hiddink would generate by taking over be positive or negative? The level of expectations, and all that. I would expect it to be more on the positive side.