FIFA World Cup 2018: Argentina vs. Nigeria - June 26 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just said it on tyc sports, don´t know how full of shit they are, but he might

2. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Could just be Sampaoli testing things out and giving everyone a "fair" chance.

Another thing: the starting keeper often plays for the sub team in training in order to have the best go up against him. Just a matter of giving him the best training.

Either way, we'll see. Armani is the favorite for now according to the press. It would be the biggest catastrophe of this WC to start Guzman, who is a few levels below even Caballero

Albiceleste2010, Rattlehead and afar repped this.
  4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    We really need Lo Celso. Please, also Pavon instead of Di Maria.

5. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I am one of those who don’t believe that Messi is handpicking the players or the coach.

But this is the time he should do exactly that. He have the experience and should know who the best player Argentina have to offer in each position. I hope for once he will speak off, and chose the player best suited for the position. I have more faith in his judgement than on Sampaoli’s but he needs to speak up.

Christina99 repped this.
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any of you play football manager?

I dropped Messi completely and won the World Cup.

Pipiolo repped this.
  7. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    The day the majority of the world population believe in football manager than their own eyes/judgement, will be the last day I will follow football so pasionetly.

8. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    If the suggested lineup is legit, then clearly the group has taken over the locker room and Sampaoli has no say anymore.

9. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Is that a bad thing?
    Sampaoli is the worst coach I have seen
    Not even exaggerating

barcaq8 repped this.
  10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What´s the suggested lineup?

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's also being rumoured that Biglia will be recalled :D I'm beginning to think Sampoli has bet a million quid on Argentina getting knocked out at the group. Now this could just be the rumour mill in overdrive, but if it is true Sampoli should be sacked the second the final whistle is blown and Nigeria have beaten us. Is he deliberately trying to sabotage our campaign????

12. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Armani, Mercado, Otamendi, Fazio, Rojo, Masche, Biglia, Banega, Messi, DiMaria, Aguero.

Sounds familiar?

soul24rage and Christina99 repped this.
  13. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Its a good thing if we dont get out of the group but ur right based on losing your locker room during a tourny, you deserve the “worst” coach title.

14. wangballer

wangballer Member

Oct 11, 2016
    This lineup is what you call insanity. Tagliafico for Rojo, Lo Celso for Banega, Perez for Biglia, and Pavon for Di Maria please

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus wept.

soul24rage repped this.
  16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I've been agreeing with you a lot lately, Loco. Acuna and Salvio were basically offensive stoppers. Meza had a little more effect offensively, but really produced precious little offensively, in the end. There's no sense in having all 3 of them on at the same time. 2 at most.
    I would go with this:

------------------Armani---------------------
    Mercado-Otamendi-Fazzio-Tagliafico
    -------------Masch------------------------
    Banega -----------------Lo Celso

Messi------------------------Di Maria/Pavon

-----------------Kun------------------

Or drop Banega, Slide Lo Celso next to Masherano. Slide Dybala into the middle middle, and have both he and Messi play free roaming and interchanging.

Pipiolo, locoxriver, afar and 1 other person repped this.
  17. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol i played the fifa 18 world cup video game with caballero, rojo, biglia and higuain on for fun and won the world cup beating spain 2-0 in the final

18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Per Roy Nemer —

A meeting just finished between the players, AFA president Tapia and the coaching staff. Appears as though the final message what "Let's all get together and move forward."

—————-

Also, rumors that the players were extremely upset with coaching staff before the game against Croatia.

Additionally, the players had a barbecue on Fathers Day, and everyone attended except for Messi. He moped all alone in his room for hours.

Not sure he is picking anything — rumors are that he has isolated himself with everyone, even the players.

The dressing room is shot to pieces.

Dybala had to come out and reiterate that they are close to Messi.

Not sure if it is because Messi is Aspergers, but he needs to stop moping around and charge up.

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    C'mon man you really think messi is Asperger lol
    Have you seen his wife?

20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone with the money and fame he has would stumble into a wife. It would be more shocking that they didn't. However in his case it seems like a genuine romance from when he was a kid.

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I am not going to go look for links, but I remember reading somewhere that he was diagnosed with it at age 8, and scored a 32 on the Autism Spectrum Quotient.

26 is not autistic; anything at or above 32 is autistic.

He will never react exactly like how you would expect someone to react.

Also, the signs are also there — he has been with one woman all his life, since age 10! He has been with one club all his life. He makes the same movements over and over again, etc.

He does not like change.

Anyhow, the bigger issue is that he gets his head right for the final game.....because something was ridiculously off the Croatia game.

22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Highly doubt he can get a wife like this and build a family while being asperger
    He doesn't look it to me he's just a typical introvert but doesn't go any further on the spectrum. It's just Argentine people are some of the most in your face in the world I believe and anything less than complete openness is deemed suspicious lol

johnbarley2 and Rattlehead repped this.
  23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please let's not talk about this. It's completely unconfirmed and it was my mistake for bringing it up earlier.

24. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he isolated himself from the barbecue because he felt responsible for having his penalty saved and felt really bad. just because one is not as social as others doesn't mean one has asperger's..

barcaq8 repped this.
  25. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    There are degrees of autism....I have seen mildly autistic people live completely normal lives.

My nephew has a severe case, and he is not independent.