FIFA World Cup 2018: Argentina vs. Iceland - June 16 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unlike Biglia, Di Maria has contributed alot to the NT over the years. He was great throughout Sabella's time and becoming better and better in 2014 WC as the tournament progress but got injured in QF. In Copa 2016, he was the best player in first 2 games before he got injured (again).

He was also dominant players for the youth side during 2005-2008, scores goals in those tournaments including the winning goal in Olympic final.

Biglia on other hand....

charlie15, Albiceleste2010 and Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He gets stuck in and does work back in recovering the ball. He plays freely for the most part all around the midfield drifting out wide when he wants to. He is great at getting into space and working the ball out of tight spaces and pass accurately short and long.

Not afraid to show off at times and a good crosser of the ball and decent finisher. Nice decent long range shot as well which is useful. What also strikes me is his mentality. Not overawed by the players around him and does not defer to them either. Always growing as a player like Asascibar. Another key component of the seleccion for sure in 2022.

He isn't really the marking type of midfielder when played defensively though but reads the game well enough at present to be in the right place at the right time. Decent body strength for what appears a slender frame. How he was dropped on Saturday beats me and I felt anger at the decision.

He has already shown great synergy with Meza and I am sure with Messi as well allowing him to push forward and drag one of the sitting DMs to him allowing Messi more space for sure. Sampaoli you had a shocker there.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn! I hope he gets his chance. Now it looks like Sampaoli wants to replace Biglia with Perez.