FIFA World Cup 2018: Argentina vs. Croatia - June 21 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wangballer

wangballer Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Sorry but Im pretty sure Gago was never injured during the WC. I think we all are forgetting that Gago played like crap in the first few games cuz he just returned from injury and that was why Biglia got to play. He was meant to be a benchwarmer but because of that break he turned into a starter for the next two years.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hm, I think its a video game trailer. Argentina cant play that good.

3. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Think you're right. Sabella deemed Gago was too soft for the big games. My old age is ruining my memory.

4. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Guys I heard the players are having a mutiny ? Is Sampaoli taking the next flight home? Please.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only thing they could do for now would be waiting for today's game result.

Nigeria can still qualify and they can even fisibh second place . No way they would give Iceland an easy time.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just a message from a cousin saying the internet is going wild saying the players got together and said they wanted Sampaoli and his staff out. Nothing but rumors he may be on his way out and Burruchaga will step in.

cigar_city, Pipiolo and barcaq8 repped this.
  7. wangballer

wangballer Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Changing the manager isn't going to do anything right now. Whose system will they play? As retarded as some of the decisions that Sampaoli has been making, kind of feel for the man since he took charge at an inopportune time and couldn't get his system in place. The guy has been great for every team he has managed until this one. Everybody on this board was begging for him but this has been a nightmare result. Can argue both sides deserves more than this mess. Who coached the team to gold at the 2008 olympics?

cigar_city repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Would be funny if its true and then Nigeria result unexpectedly going our favor.

9. barcaq8

barcaq8 Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Camp Nou, Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Any coach with half a brain would've assembled a better formation than Sampaoli against croatia.

The team was in shambles. No build up at all.

He deserves to be sacked immediately.

afar, Pipiolo, Pekerman and 1 other person repped this.
  10. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    If Nigeria wins, we still have a great chance.

afar and Rattlehead repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Batista led the olympic team but the team still playing Pekerman style football at that moment with Roman still commanding the midfield. They still played similar style in Copa 2007 too. When Roman quit ( thx to Diego )thats when all the mess started.

Thats hardly Batista's team.

locoxriver, Burr, Pipiolo and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Anything is better than seeing this bald tattooed midget in his v-neck and tight pants running frantically down the touch line and emitting nervous vibes to everyone. The new system is called 4-4-2 which every player on earth is accustomed to. We just need the right players.

13. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    No rumor. Its actually true. The players have asked Sampaoli to not coach the next game. Wow this group of players is a serious head case!

cigar_city and Pipiolo repped this.
  14. wangballer

wangballer Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Thanks I was too young to remember. Would be hilarious if Samp leaves before the Nigeria game and whoever takes charge plays Biglia and Higuain

Tbh not surprised. Just based on his face palm during the anthems you could tell he was ready to take the L cuz of the formation Sampaoli started with. Aguero looked pissed off as well, but either we are witnessing a miracle turnaround or this just became an actual circus. Last time something like this happened was France in 2010 and that turned out to be great entertainment..........off the pitch

Rattlehead repped this.
  15. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    For those asking, these are Messi’s besties!

Attached Files:

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Nigeria win , we still need to beat Nigeria most likely by at least 2 goals , except if Nigeria beat Iceland by more than 1 goal.

Although if Iceland lost to Nigeria and doesnt beat Croatia and we beat Nigeria, we will through without needing goal difference.

Still, it will take more than miracle to beat France.

Nobody's missing them. Well Aguero at least looks determined to win in both games. It wasnt his fault that he hardly get any ball supply.

Other than him & Messi, the other players from that era can retire for good. Rojo, Biglia, Angelito, Banega, Masche , Higuain.

Burr and afar repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its not just the system, the manager needs to instruct the players to occupy empty spaces & provided passing option and stays compact together.

What we saw was a disjointed team that cant even play a simple triangular passing, players were light years away from each other. Someone got the ball, pause for 10 seconds and then made sideways or backward passing, repeat.

I knew we aint gonna get a win once I saw them playing like that again in first 20 minutes.

afar repped this.
  18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can Sampaoli be fired before the third match? We could do something like what Spain did with Lopetegui.

It's what I've been saying here for the better part of eight years, Messi is not and will never be Maradona. And Diego was only 25 when he gave the transcendental performance in football.

19. wangballer

wangballer Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Messi looks set to retire with them as well. If that is the case he will rightfully be called a quitter who took the easy way out. He doesn't even need a WC, a Copa will do considering the team hasn't won anything in 25 years. Very winnable tournament next year with all the deadweights gone

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great fan base: "Sampaoli boton....sos un hijo de p...."

21. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    If Nigeria beats Iceland and we beat Nigeria we are through if Iceland loses or draws with Croatia.

afar repped this.
  22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey guys, at least some reason to keep the hopes. Messi and Rakitic are BFFs, and Croatia captain Modric said last night that they will do their best against Iceland, "for a result that may help Argentina".

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I believe we will go through still. You can quote me on this.

barcaq8, soul24rage, afar and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I cried with Diego in the WC90 final. Last night for all the emotions, I could not cry.

25. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He should have never been considered, as I argued in this forum. It's not about club loyalties, Argentina should always come first.

Also, here's a thought: start Dybala and bench Messi against Nigeria.

Rattlehead repped this.