FIFA World Cup 2010 Prediction League

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, May 12, 2010.

1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    How about we run a bit of a prediction league. I've never played in one, let alone organised one so maybe someone who knows how to do it can get it started (I'm looking at you Pep ;)).

I think the safest way to do it would be day by day as opposed to group by group considering there will be injuries, suspensions etc. What's everyone else think?

2. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FIFA World Cup 2010 Prediction League - Join NOW!!!

I can't wait! My prediction is that Spain will go deep,thier group is real easy, butI think a African nation will take it, someone like Ghana.

>UNO<

3. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FIFA World Cup 2010

one of the African nations has been my heavy favorite for some time now (specifically Cote D'Iviore), but if i have to pick one of the giants i'd rather see the sleeping giant Argentina, Holland or England take it.

And obviously i'm also rooting for the U.S.

4. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

i cant wait man i just asked vaction at work for that month and sit back and watch all the games ill be rooting for all latin team especially for usa and honduras but not for mexico i have feeling argentina wins the cup i know will get everyone saying ur stupid or mardona this but i believe that argentina got the squad that doesnt need a coach to go all the way

5. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango

Teams I am going for...

-Honduras (Viva la H, la H de Hermano!!!)
    -USA,USA,USA
    -France (yes, even with all their crap, still les bleus fan)
    -Uruguay (Ponete la celeste!)
    -Argentina (No Riquelme, and I'm hating Maradona for that, but all in all, I will still go for them.
    -Ivory coast
    Thats it, no more.

Teams I wouldn't mind winning:
    -Chile
    -Japan
    -Paraguay

Everyone else can get knocked out for all I care.

6. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Great Idea

>UNO<

7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Well, these were the two I was involved in last year (1 and 2)...I liked Evan either making you pick all at once (Gold Cup) or giving you a bonus if you just wanted to guess all at once (Hex). I can see why you wouldn't want that though especially in the World Cup...Seems like a lot to keep track of but I'm sure it would be easier if everyone keep track of their own stuff and of course be honest and not change up.

As far as the actual World Cup, of course like any soccer fan, glad it's around the corner...If I had one pick, it would be Spain, but that's very risky considering the choke history they have...and I admit, it's not going to be fun watching a certain blue and white team from Central America in it...(Not to add I don't like them one bit except when they play Mexico)...

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Well after giving it some thought, i'm thinking that considering we are a few weeks away we still have time to work out a formula that we can all agree on. So that said, how about people just throw out ideas and we'll go with the one that the majority is happy with.

Personally i'm thinking it would be better to go day by day like i said, but that might make things difficult for those of us how might have something come up and for whatever reason can't post before the deadline so maybe it'd be best to work off a two day cycle? As for scoring though, i think it should just be a simple 3 points for an exact score and 1 point for picking a winner. When it comes to bonus points well maybe we can incorporate goal scorers into that. By that i mean maybe we can pick which player will the highest goal for each group and then get some bonus points that way? Anyway like i said, these are just ideas. Feel free to comment on them and throw out your own.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't normally read the El Salvador subforum but I am now thanks to a private message from el_cuscatleco. I started a topic in the World Cup 2010 forum at https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408338 where you predict the final outcome for each team (First, Second, Third, Fourth, lose in Quarterfinals, lose in Round of 16, or eliminated in Group Stage) and for every team you are correct on you get a different number of points based on how often that team finished in that position in 10,000 simulations done by voros. I've only gotten one person to predict there so far. If you want you can participate in my topic and still do score predictions in this forum. All predictions in my topic must be made before the World Cup starts.

10. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

For those that would like to know how this works, click here to see the rules. And here to see how to play.

Personally i think it'd be easier to just do it here on BS but like i said, whatever the majority decide is what we'll do. That is if there is enough interest. Cause at this point with what we have i don't think it'd be worth it. :eek::D:rolleyes:

Also here's a direct link to the groups page.

12. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Count me in on the "Truchos de BS" it does the work for us , so i think that's the smart way to go. I will fill my bracket as soon as I See that is the official one.

>UNO<

13. oman888

oman888 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Irving, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

O.k., count me in guys "Truchos de BS" this world cup is going to be full of surprises I tell you.

Group A- wow this is going to be one of greats groups to watch, you already know the home team South Africa is going to get plenty of help from the fans and not to mention the referees. My top 2 teams to advance in this group are 1.France 2.Mexico.

Group B- This group has Argentina all over it, but can Coach Diego Maradona prove his nation that his a real soccer coach? My top 2 teams advancing are 1.Argetina 2.Greece

Group C- This group has England all over it; I tell you what the 2nd spot isn’t going to be easy and that’s what’s going to make this group interesting. My Top 2 teams advancing are 1.England 2. Slovenia (I see them beating Algeria and USA)

Group D- This is another interesting group to watch as any of these 4 teams could easily advance, every world cup has a good team that just sucks and this time I believe is going to be Germany. My top 2 teams advancing are 1.Serbia (Serbia is my early sleeper team that could make a good run) 2. Ghana

Group E- Not a whole lot to say about this group as Netherlands and Cameroon are heavy favorites for this group. My top 2 teams advancing are 1. Netherlands 2. Cameroon

Group F- Should be interesting how Italy plays that said I don’t really see this group been very competitive. My top 2 teams advancing are 1. Italy 2. Paraguay

Group G- OMG not only will this be one of the best groups to watch but is also the hardest. Anything can happen in this group that said I give you my top 2 advancing 1. Brazil 2. Portugal (Portugal will beat Ivory Coast and Korea)

Group H- This group is going to be fun to watch, come on the “Catrachos” are in this group. Spain is clearly the heavy favorite to advance in this group, 2nd place is definitely the hardest pick I have yet to make in all the groups so far. My top 2 teams advancing are 1. Spain 2. Chile (another sleeper team that could make a good run in this world cup)

P.S I will give you my top 16 trough final after all the final 16 teams advanced.

14. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

usa will go through and i wouldnt be suprised if they beat england

15. oman888

oman888 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Irving, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Anything can happen, this are just my prediction after evaluating each team and as much as I hated it, I honestly don’t see USA advancing but is just my opinion.

16. oman888

oman888 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Irving, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

O.K guys here is my official 2010 World cup Bracket in which I did on the “Truchos de BS” Good luck to everyone and yes I have Cameroon winning the world cup!

Please respect the picks I don’t want to hear this and that!;)
    [​IMG]

Please click on the link to see it clear https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/album.php?albumid=808&pictureid=5843

17. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango

Its shaping up to look like Mexico will be beating France.
    I am a huge France fan, but the media is really busting France right now (not that they don't deserve it). In addition, there is a shirt on soccer.com that says Mexico beat France.
    It just sounds too "ideal" for mexico to beat the current world cup "villain".

18. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay , I'm certainly joining... ESPN...

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Right, so that's five so far. I assume you're Paz818 right?

20. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's right.. hopefully it will be great world cup..

21. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

sweet 5 thats good but who is slaminsams for those who dont know what we talking about is espn bracket world cup prediction i made one for the fourm http://games.espn.go.com/bpredictor/en/frontpage join the group called Truchos de BS so far 5 ppl have joined and i think the easy way to do it since we could do it here but is a lot hard work

22. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

i signed using raulezz

23. Cuzcaking

Cuzcaking Member

Feb 10, 2009
    No Ho CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

im in haha lets hope one of us gets it right

24. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

thats me i don't post on here often mostly read the boards for info. I hope its ok to join the group

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah no problem, everyone who frequents this sub-forum is welcome to join. :)