FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 France - tickets

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdog, Oct 18, 2018.

1. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    I couldn't find a thread for this here on BS, so I started one.

The forums were super helpful to me and many others on ticketing topics for the men's World Cup in Russia this year, and in past World Cups, so I thought I'd see if one would be useful for 2019.

General sales start on 19 October (tomorrow), following on sales in France that began on 19 September.

The ticketing site is currently down for maintenance, as is always the case before a new sales phase starts.
    --> https://tickets.fwwc19.fr/

General info is here:
    --> https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/

In the first sales phase, they are meant to sell only packages (e.g. all first round matches in Paris, all matches in Paris, all matches in Grenoble, etc.). According to the info on the site now, sales for individual matches will commence in early 2019, depending on availability. It's unclear if you can actually purchase tickets immediately, or if (as with the men's World Cup) there is an open sales phase and you only learn out if your ticket requests were successful after the phase concludes.

The draw is 8 December, at which point we'll obviously know who is playing whom, where, when.

If you have an account on the FIFA web site (for example, that you used to purchase tickets to matches in Russia), that won't work here. You'll need to create a new one. If you are from the U.S. and previously tried to create an account but your nationality wasn't listed: There is now an option for 'American' (so look under 'A', obviously, not 'U').

sbahnhof and captdf repped this.
  2. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    FIFA just updated the ticketing site:

Individual match tickets will be available for purchase on 10 December (two days after the draw) if you have a Visa card.

Sill no word on the max number of tickets you can purchase, or if sales are first-come, first-serve vs lottery.

Ticketing commences at CET 15.00 (i.e. 3pm in Paris). No word if they will let people in early and put them in a queue, as they did for Russia.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's first come first serve as far as I know. The pricing is cheap so that fans buy in masses. The FFF does not expect oversubscription or many sold out games, hence medium range grounds used. No Stade de France or Stade Velodrome.

They had a run out last year with the U-20 WWC ticketing to iron some problems that happened on the first few days.

zdog, sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  4. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    For what it's worth, we were able to get in and buy 8x for the Lyon SF + final matches. (The max was 9x.)

Friends logged in at the exact ssame time were only able to buy CAT3. But everything was completed in the first 40 minutes. It took about 20 minutes to go through the queue and get to a screen where we could select tickets. All told, the five families in our buying group were able to buy 23 tickets (8xCAT1 and 15xCAT3).

Pretty seamless process. We got in the ticketing queue about 55 minutes before the site opened, but then were tossed out when ticketing went live and had to start again. At one point we got the dreaded 500 error, but the tickets were still in our cart after we successfully refreshed (took a bunch of refreshes). The user interface was pretty intuitive (we navigated in French, for what that's worth, which was presumably the optimal user experience).

5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah got no big problem. Password reset, site crashing to pay, but all done by 3.20pm .

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So there will remain tickets available when the venues for each team will be decided, after the draw?

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There will be some follow my teams tickets on sale via the various FAs

And there is a special link for group buy as well ( more than 9 tickets together)

blissett repped this.
  8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well unless there is an amazing demand, there should be tickets available.
    I mean people are buying tickets without knowing which teams will be there.
    The only packs that might sell out imo is Lyon.

As reminder capacity are as follows :

Grenoble Stade des Alspes 20 068 places
    Le Havre Stade Oceane 25 181 places
    Lyon Parc OL 59 286 places
    Montpellier Stade de la Mosson 28 037
    Nice Allianz Riviera 35 624 places
    Paris Parc des Princes 47 929
    Reims Stade Auguste Delaume 21 628 places
    Rennes Roazhon Park 29 778 places
    Valencienne Stade du Hainault 24 936 places

Obviously FIFA, LOC, sponsors and FA get a cut of the places, but there should be places available after the first batch of packages sales. Although I seem to remember the Germany home games nearly sold out in 2011 in the first selling phases.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #9 shlj, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    About 1 000 000 tickets will go on sale overall.

blissett repped this.
  10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my tickets for Lyon, I'll have to wait until December when I see where teams will be playing to get tickets for earlier games.

For those in the US looking to buy tickets, I encountered a slight issue during the process. Once I had everything done and, I thought, paid for, Chase Visa (which is what I have) had another round of security to go through. This required me to phone Chase (the on-line WWC ticket ordering process actually provided me with the number to call), go through a security process with Chase involving them texting me a number which I then read back over the phone), and having Chase do something electronic to let the ticket ordering system know this was a legitimate ticket order. It was sort of a pain, but it worked. So, if you run into that, just be patient, it all should work out.

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It seems a lot of US based fans got problems like you as the FIFA twitter was taking many queries about it.
    Got my christmas present sorted for my nephew and nieces. It will be their first women's football games.

BlueCrimson, blissett and cpthomas repped this.
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    L'Equipe just put an update on the first day of sales : about 40 000 tickets sold
    Paris, Valenciennes and Lyon are the most in demand cities.

The Lyon package in Category 4 ( cheapest one) that includes both semi-final and the final for 50 Euros has sold out. The 101, 137, and 194 Euros packages are still available of course but more expensive.

sbahnhof and zdog repped this.
  13. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great, shlj. Thanks for all your status reports and updates.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    45 000 tickets sold, it means there are still about 955 000 still available. Loads of capacity.
    Just in case, I did not mention it earlier, the draw in on the 8th of December and the single ticket sale for VISA card holder starts on the 10th of December, with the general sale in February as far as I know.
    And the tickets are e-tickets and will sent in the second trimester of 2019

blissett repped this.
  15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very pleased to see that there is a big demand for tickets. I hope whatever issues came up get sorted out before the next round of sales begins.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So December 10th, I will put that on my calendar.

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am genuinely surprised by this :

Now the big question is how many single game tickets will go on sale for these games.

blissett repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    FIFA just confirmed the Lyon packages are sold out. Single tickets will go on sale after the draw. The final might sell out on the first day of single ticket sale.

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, that's unheard of, I'd say: even when the WWC was recently in Europe, as in Germany 2011.

Wha's the exact day of the final? So, I'll have to decide just before the draw if I can actually afford to go to Lyon of the final and I want to try to get my hands on a ticket (with no guarantee that I'll manage to do it anyway).

I hope the group-stage matches will be a little less crowded. :unsure:

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The final will be played 7th of July at 1700.

blissett repped this.
  22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Update from FIFA :

45 000 packages sold ie 150 000 tickets
    Most packages sold in France and USA 86%

Lyon packages sold out more than 22 000 packages ie 69 000 tickets
    Rennes 10 000 tickets
    Paris 18 000 tickets
    Valenciennes 22 000 tickets

cpthomas and blissett repped this.
  23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Latest news in the paper Le Parisien today

1.3 M tickets on sale overall.
    160 000 already sold. 70 000 tickets for Lyon sold out in three days.
    Paris 24 000 and Valenciennes 23 000 sold.

50% of the Lyon packages have been bought in the USA....
    There will be a ticket exchange system as well.

blissett repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  25. Tannyfoo

Tannyfoo New Member

Orlando Pride