FIFA U-20 World Cup: Korea Republic 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by BocaFan, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This is one of those rare times when I enter a semi stage and say I would not mind seeing any of these teams in the final.

Any combination of teams can be entertaining.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I agree. I think these are the 4 best teams of the tournament. Three won their group and the other, Italy, probably had the toughest path to the semis. Italy are the most improved team too, IMO, if I think back to that first match and how much they were outplayed by Uruguay.

The semifinals are very tough to call but I’m going to predict a Uruguay v England final.

3. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Just 3 hours to go... So nervous... Wish us luck :)

4. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Why people think VAR is a good idea is beyond me. Proving time and time again that it just makes refereeing worse.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    VAR is still in the initial baby stages.
    One would hope that as the years go by it will be better as they work out the kinks.
    But it does have to be ironed out relatively quickly or else there's going to be some angry teams and fans in the real World Cup.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Congrats to Venezuela!
    Quite an accomplishment.

7. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Congrats to Venezuela. Could of gone either way. Hopefully this brings some happiness to their people that are going through so much right now and they go on to win the final

8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Venezuela - what an achievement! Probably the better team on the day, and the best team in the tournament so far.

I've got to admit that new penalty shootout system with teams rotating who shoots first really had me confused, especially as I was pretty much half watching while doing some work. I was like, "huh, did I just miss something?" every time someone shot.

9. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    #359 Gerlestat, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    VAR almost cost us the game... Was not a penalty, but anyway, the best team in the field won the game, we call that "Divine Justice"
    TYVM.
    This bring happiness, but it is in background, our priority is to kick this goverment out of our country or jail them... That would bring us the real happiness.
    TYVM

Congrats to all uruguayans too, you didnt died, and you have a nice future with those players...

My respects to all uruguayans and all the players (but Bentancur and his bow in the goal to Wuilker Fariñez and the crowd then... and the other one with his celebration with his hands on their ears, what a disrespect for the rival and the fans).

Fariñez: THE BEST GOALKEEPER SO FAR IN THE TOURNAMENT!

10. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #360 Fector, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    The Uruguayans had the audacity to taunt the Korean crowd who were rightfully booing them for a series of racist gestures. Thank god they got knocked out; it would have been hugely embarrassing if they had advanced to the final on Korean soil.

[Deleted]

Century's Best repped this.
  11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    And lets not forget the Soteldo penalty that wasn't even looked at. The system is horribly flawed. People say give it time, I say give it time before the press and fans begin to turn against it and tear it apart.

Gerlestat repped this.
  12. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    We didnt even had a replay of that :mad:

13. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Well done Venezuela.
    Too bad some of your fans have not learned how to win yet. But I guess it takes time.

Btw about the VAR. It was a clear penalty. Look at the replay at the Fifa site.

zahzah repped this.
  14. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Why do you said such a thing? We arent being disrespectfull to anyone, we are even congratulating Uruguay for that game your boys made in the field, exalting De La Cruz as a great player...

But what Valverde and Bentancur made in their celebrations was not good, not for Venezuelans, nor for non Venezuelans as you can see... That is disrespectfull for the rival and the crowd in the stadium.

15. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    I guess you didn't read what the other moron posted.
    And I guess you didn't hear the boos during the penalty kicks either.
    And the "divine justice" dig.
    Enjoy...

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Congrats to England for making it to the Final as well.

Should be a good Championship match.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  17. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #367 Fector, Jun 8, 2017
    [Deleted]

P.S. Now even FIFA are demanding explanation and your FA still refuse to apologize, proudly displaying the disgusting group photo with slant eye gesture on their official site.

18. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #368 Nani_17, Jun 8, 2017
    What did they do? What did I miss?

19. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not only did you guys get a small matter of revenge, but that second half looked like men vs boys. I would have picked Venezuela a week ago, but I have to go with England now.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  20. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Don't mind him Venezuela, people don't like it when their team loses and others celebrate.

21. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    #371 Gerlestat, Jun 8, 2017
    I dont know what "other moron" as i am the only Venezuelan who posted in this thread at the moment.
    About the "boos", the Korean crowd was booing Uruguay, because of "el chinito" celebration... Fector is Korean, not Venezuelan.

And i posted about the "divine justice", and i posted it because of this video i just made just for you:

It was not a penalty... I dont know how to say "The best team in the field won the game, we call that "divine justice" can offend anyone at all... Cause the best team in the field won, and it was divine justice for the injustice of that penalty kick that almost cost us the game.

Again, congratulations to all uruguayans, you have quite a team, and quite a player with Nico de la Cruz.

22. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Could this be your golden generation?

23. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Shocked to see Vido on the field for Italy today. Would have thought he would have at least been retroactively banned for his stamp.

But nothing.

Even more pleased that Nigeria... England made the final.

24. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #374 Fector, Jun 8, 2017
    Uruguayan FA are now claiming that it is not racist and refuse to take down the group photo where everyone is making the slant eye gesture. Because if they take the photo down now it may be seen as admission of guilt with a possible FIFA sanction.

P.S. I am unable to embed the linked images. There are two photos, Valverde making a slant eye gesture and the whole Uruguayan squad doing the same. The Uruguayan FA uploaded the latter on their official site.

25. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Very iffy penalty there. No idea how the VAR decided for a penalty...